“Coldest place in Rochester.”
Review of Bar Louie

Bar Louie
Ranked #39 of 92 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Not sure they pay the heat bill. Had to wear my winter coat. Other than that though the place is awesome. Good food okay beer selection not great but okay. Everything is over priced especially the craft beer. Would visit again and have

1  Thank the-e1967

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Bar Louie is one of our "go to" locations since it is in a good location to meet our friends. We have been many times for the Friday Happy Hour and also go sometimes for a Saturday out without the kids.

Some people bring their children in the early hours, but it is mostly an adult crowd later in the night.

The food is very good with more variety than normal "bar food". They are know for their martinis, unfortunately, I do not like martinis, so I cannot comment, but they also have a good beer selection and I can always find something good to drink.

The outside is very nice with fireplaces and comfortable chairs.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We liked the many choices of draught beer, and note that the list here was somewhat different from the list at the restaurant in Milwaukee, WI. It's nice to know they make an effort to make it regionally appealing. We had one of the flatbreads with our beer, and although it was the same as on the menu in Milwaukee, it was just as good as the one in Milwaukee.

1  Thank Kent T
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My wife and I were in Michigan visiting friends and had dinner at Bar Louie. The restaurant is extremely large and open with lots of booth seating and a huge bar. We went on a Monday night, so the place wasn't packed and noisy.

As you might expect on a Monday night, Bar Louie had cheap half-off drinks specials and our waitress was attentive and friendly. The food was actually better than I expected. The menu has all of the typical burgers, wings, salads entrees that you would would expect from a sports bar, but the food was fresh and the appetizers were creative.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Nice place to meet friends or to bar-hop. Crowds are always good and the food is decent, for bar food.
I'd like to see some options for gluten-free (others may want lactose-free, vegan, etc.), so I don't have to bug the waitresses too much.
One advise to the owners: make the girls shorts a little longer. There is no reason to "pimp out" our Rochester daughters that way.

2  Thank Leo M

Been to Bar Louie? Share your experiences!