“Had enough of this place”
Review of Lime Light Sports Pub & Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Lime Light Sports Pub & Grill
Cuisines: American, Pub
Reviewed May 24, 2014

I have been coming here for years for dinner. Over the last year the service has become terrible, and on one occasion I had to send back my burned nachos after having to argue about it. My recent (and last) experience involved a long wait time until the food was delivered. The couple next to us got so irritated with their wait they were about to leave when their waitress indicated the food was coming right up. Also, I had asked for the bill and it felt like it took forever. I had to tell my waitress I needed to cash out quickly in an effort to get out of there. It was obvious this request irritated her because she barley spoke to me after that point. I don’t understand how a restaurant business can survive with this type of treatment.

There are newer reviews for Lime Light Sports Pub & Grill

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

My mom and I stopped in for a bite and drink after spending 4 hours at Arts & Apples art fair. It is right on the Paint Creek Trail and a perfect stop if you are walking or biking. The inside is definitely sprigs bar like. It's dark and even kind of dingy with basically no decoration. However, their outside patio is perfect! It's large and sits right on Paint Creek so you can watch the river while you eat. Our food was much better than expected. The nachos were a really large serving with lots of meat and cheese. The Traverse City Wrap was one of the best wraps I've ever had. Fresh grilled chicken, crisp greens, blue cheese, dried cherries and a sweet vinegerette. The fries and onion rings were both good too. This is must try if you are in town on a nice day and can sit on the patio.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Problem is our 'college' isn't anywhere near here. I, like others have said really try to give my business to my neighborhood... but this place makes that very difficult. My husband and I went for dinner on a Monday at 6 pm... there were 3 people inside at the bar, and about 7 tables outside with people at them (there were at least 5 tables that were still dirty from others that needed to be cleaned).... after 20 minutes with no one coming over (and this was after the server inside had told us to sit anywhere) we finally called a guy over... I asked him if it was self serve, he looked stunned and replied... no, why have you been waiting long.... said yes and asked for a Corona (only thing I could think of without a menu)...his reply, we don't have that...after a few go arounds he finally says , I'll get you a menu. As soon as I look down my eye goes to Corona under Beers, so now I'm confused and ask him what's going on.... he says were out. We finally pick drinks and off he goes...about 10 minutes later he's back and we order...hamburgers/fries/onion rings/salads (figure that's pretty safe). The food was average, beer cold (had to keep asking for water) but service was some of the worst we've ever had....the only good thing was the view, which was why we stayed...but it's not enough for us to go back. Oh, and all those tables that were dirty when we got there were still like that when we left (as well as quite a few more)

Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is the latest incarnation of this spot and service is lousy. Food is average and most people I could see had coupons in their hands. This speaks volumes about the clientele and the mindset of this place. There are far better choices within walking distance.

1  Thank Chosen 1
Reviewed July 23, 2013

With a few misgivings I agreed to meet some friends here for dinner. If the weather had not been
pleasant affording us the opportunity to enjoy the flowing creek and woods this would have been a total disaster.
The wine list is only good if you will drink anything. The drinks ordered at the table were watered down. The food was just okay at best. We had a variety of entrees from salads to ribs to an avacado turkey burger. The salads seemed okay even of the greens appeared to come from a plastic bag, the burger was dry and the ribs were tasteless. Service was fine and the only reason for two dots in the rating is the ambience of the porch. The inside seemed dark and dank.
Will not go back...ever!