“more of a 'college bar' than anything”
Review of Lime Light Sports Pub & Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Lime Light Sports Pub & Grill
Cuisines: American, Pub
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Problem is our 'college' isn't anywhere near here. I, like others have said really try to give my business to my neighborhood... but this place makes that very difficult. My husband and I went for dinner on a Monday at 6 pm... there were 3 people inside at the bar, and about 7 tables outside with people at them (there were at least 5 tables that were still dirty from others that needed to be cleaned).... after 20 minutes with no one coming over (and this was after the server inside had told us to sit anywhere) we finally called a guy over... I asked him if it was self serve, he looked stunned and replied... no, why have you been waiting long.... said yes and asked for a Corona (only thing I could think of without a menu)...his reply, we don't have that...after a few go arounds he finally says , I'll get you a menu. As soon as I look down my eye goes to Corona under Beers, so now I'm confused and ask him what's going on.... he says were out. We finally pick drinks and off he goes...about 10 minutes later he's back and we order...hamburgers/fries/onion rings/salads (figure that's pretty safe). The food was average, beer cold (had to keep asking for water) but service was some of the worst we've ever had....the only good thing was the view, which was why we stayed...but it's not enough for us to go back. Oh, and all those tables that were dirty when we got there were still like that when we left (as well as quite a few more)

Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is the latest incarnation of this spot and service is lousy. Food is average and most people I could see had coupons in their hands. This speaks volumes about the clientele and the mindset of this place. There are far better choices within walking distance.

1  Thank Chosen 1
Reviewed July 23, 2013

With a few misgivings I agreed to meet some friends here for dinner. If the weather had not been
pleasant affording us the opportunity to enjoy the flowing creek and woods this would have been a total disaster.
The wine list is only good if you will drink anything. The drinks ordered at the table were watered down. The food was just okay at best. We had a variety of entrees from salads to ribs to an avacado turkey burger. The salads seemed okay even of the greens appeared to come from a plastic bag, the burger was dry and the ribs were tasteless. Service was fine and the only reason for two dots in the rating is the ambience of the porch. The inside seemed dark and dank.
Will not go back...ever!

1  Thank par521
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Stopped in for a beer at our turn around spot. Great porch by the river. Clean. Attentive service. Surprising; will stop in again. Bicycle friendly spot!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Great local spot with decent food and drink specials. Only problem is when they have a band they try to charge a $10 cover, which I refuse to do.

1  Thank InspireMI