“A nice little cozy bar.”
Review of Paint Creek Tavern

Paint Creek Tavern
Ranked #79 of 91 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stopped in with friends after a bike ride. There is good Michigan and microbrew beer selection on tap, good specials, and a very good bar burger. Service was friendly.

This kind of little cozy place compliments and contrasts with the other places downtown. For the reviewers expecting something other than a quaint little bar, maybe you would feel more at home hanging out with the D-bags at Bar Louie or Rochester Mills.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I have been driving by for years and decided to take a date there. We had a great time. The staff is friendly and the prices were great. I haven't tried the food yet but I heard it was good. Very casual but fun.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

this is a dive bar. food would only be good if yo were drunk.

1  Thank Raymond S
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I took my family here long ago, waited for a hostess or someone to acknowledge our existence; it never happened. We left. Never went back. (I'm dating this June 2011 because that's the earliest date I could choose. Bottom line, I'm local and want to tell people about places I never go to and why.)

Reviewed March 15, 2012

This is a more cozy neighborhood bar that is adjacent to the Paint Creek (river running through downtown Rochester. I do not recall ever having a bad experience there. There are two distinct areas of the bar. Inside is an original open seating bar / table settup. Little has changed inside that I can see in the past dozen years. The place is somewhat small, giving it a friendly feeling. Conversations sometimes extend between the tables and the bar. Drinks are average price with some specials being offered. Food is pub grub, with at least average quality. Some things we have eaten there are well above average for such a small kitchen. During better weather you should try sitting outside. There is a very large patio with a view of the Paint Creek. The sound of the water rushing by is calming but music plays on the outside speakers. All ages feel compfortable it seems, you see both young people and older patrons there. That is kind of neat, since this used to be an "old timer" shot and shell type of bar back in the 1990's. It is now a step up.

About the only challenge is the lack of parking in the lot. The parking lot is very tight. There is some risk of getting a car dented from other patrons in the lot. There is though other nearby public parking.