“Scam or not”

Parthenon Coney Island & Family Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 19 Restaurants in Riverview
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I purchased a $25 gift cerficate from restaurant.com (whom I have used before) when I presented the coupon to Moe he said that it was a scam and would not take it. I then verified with restaurant.com that they were indeed signed up as a customer with them and contacted Sam at the Parthenon and he said that they do not take these pre-purchased gift certificates that are only good for the restaurant that you print it out for. The Parthenon. We will not return and they did not understand why?

Reviewed June 3, 2012

young, inexperienced waitstaff. They ask u if you know what you want or are ready to order with out first offering menu's or allowing you to even pick them up and look. On three separate occasions this happened. I've only been there 3 times. They rush over to take your order so they can go and gossip behind the main counter

Reviewed April 22, 2012

Went in to this BUSY coney after church.... thought there would be a wait...things were busy, loud, and food was moving. No wait. If you want to eat breakfast, lunch, dinner or an after show snack
this is the place.. Food is really good and prices are affordable. It is in a strip mall, so there is adequate parking. As we were leaving... we saw at least 20 people at a confirmation breakfast there... as a kid, I would have loved it. For people who like breakfast (eggs) hot ... this is the place.

Reviewed January 31, 2012

great family restaurant. Good food, good service and fair prices

Reviewed June 15, 2011

Only open 4 months the place is packing them in. We had a late lunch at 2pm and the place was loaded with people who've heard of the very nice restaurant.
Really super Gyro meat sliced off the spit, the real deal that most places have went to the frozen junk with no flavor. We try the gyro platter and sandwich along with a small Greek salad with will feed 2 people easy.
The flaming Ompa cheese was larger than most places and very fresh with a great price. I'll be trying many other plates over the few months as they also have Mexican dishes and breakfast. We've tried there Dearborn location several times and have always been impressed by the service and low prices.
One of the owners Eddie goes around to the tables to check that everything is good. One of the cleanest places to eat I've found and really great for groups too. A must try as I say this is truly the Greek eating spot downriver you can find. Keep up the great service and foods they'll be lining up out the door very soon.

1  Thank BREWINGBIGBEERS