“Just amazing!”

Pitmilly West Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Boarhills
Pitmilly West Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Boarhills B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 8, 2009

I was in St Andrews for a course and stayed at Pitmilly West Lodge for 5 nights. I found prices in town expensive and started searching the surrounding areas which is how I found this lovely B&B. But honestly, why even stay in town when you can spend your time in the quiet and beautiful countryside which is what the Kingbarn area is - lovely golden corn fields and only minutes walk from the most incredible coastline. Anthea and Rod were both amazing hosts, offering tea or coffee when I got back after long days on the course, as well as providing a wealth of information on the local area, in particular the golf courses as I am an avid golfer. The room was warm, cozy yet still modern with TV, a kettle and the option of tea or coffee as well as a little bowl of chocolates. I had a nice view to the garden. The shower was excellent. Every day my room and bathroom were cleaned and tidied. The sheets and towel were even changed half way through my stay. My favorite part, I have to say, was the breakfast. Best breakfast I have ever had at a B&B. There was everything from a full cooked breakfast to greek yoghurt, fresh fruit and berries, and croissants. Great coffee! Can't recommend this B&B enough.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank linesc
There are newer reviews for Pitmilly West Lodge

Reviewed July 21, 2009

We stayed at Pitmilly West Lodge for one night whilst attending a wedding in St Andrews. We were looking for a reasonable B&B having found St Andrews itself very expensive. We travelled here from Perthshire and found it very easy to find on the coast road to Crail. Anthea was so welcoming & made us coffee after our long drive. She also recommended a route to the wedding venue. Our family stayed in both the Blue & Red rooms and they were very comfortable. Lovely comfy beds and duvets, powerful showers with plenty of toiletries provided, TV/video player and tea/coffee facilities (with chocolate bars which my hubbie loved). The breakfast the next morning was wonderful and the best breakfast we had at the many B&B's we stayed in on our trip around Scotland. Their filter coffee is the best. Our only regret is that we didn't stay longer!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Kirsty78
Reviewed July 5, 2009

I can't say enough about the Pitmilly West Lodge- this place is fantastic in every way. It's a few miles outside of the St. Andrew's city center, but DO NOT let that stop you from staying here! Anthea & Rod have created an absolutely first-class accommodation. The two of them are welcoming and helpful in every way, giving us lots of advice on where to go and what to do during our time in St. Andrew's. The place itself is just beautiful. There are just two rooms, and we stayed in the blue room. It was beautifully decorated, extremely clean and very well-kept. Attached off our bedroom is an entire spacious private living room and kitchen- just wonderful! We relaxed in there, and watched a movie on the flat-screen TV (they had some DVDs to choose from). Off the back side of our bedroom is a gorgeous garden. In the morning, it was a full, hot breakfast, with many other foods to choose from, as well. Anthea cooked the breakfast to-order, and it was the best breakfast we had in our time traveling Scotland. The Pitmilly West Lodge is a must, if you want a beautiful, friendly, welcoming, quiet place to stay during your visit to St. Andrew's. I cant recommend it highly enough!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ScottO72
Reviewed April 18, 2009

A very pleasant, beautifully furnished bedroom set within a stunning picturesque countryside just off the coast. The owners are extremely helpful and friendly. I felt it was a home away from home. Wonderful organic breakfast too.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed April 6, 2009

We would totally recommend Pitmilly West Lodge to anyone travelling to or around the St Andrews area. Anthea & Rod are extremely friendly and welcoming. They both have a wealth of knowledge on places to see and visit, Rod has first hand experience of all the championship golf courses which are within a short distance from Pitmilly. The breakfasts delicious and set you up for the day.

Avril & Jim Bedford

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hamble56
Reviewed March 26, 2009

We can thoroughly recommend this upmarket B& B. The standard of accommodation, food and service is second to none, and the proprietors Rod & Anthea Gairdner are more than willing to advise on any activity, whether it be local attractions, restaurants or most particularly golf. Rod is a professional caddy, and also plays a mean game of golf. This is easily the best B & B we have ever stayed in - and we are talking many - UK, New Zealand and Australia.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gerry_Val
Reviewed January 24, 2009

Pitmilly West Lodge is the nicest bed and breakfast I've stayed in. It's setting, 5 minutes drive from the centre of St Andrews, is great - it allows you to enjoy the tranquility of the countryside whilst having the bustle of the town at your fingertips too.

Roddy and Anthea are fantastic hosts - they really can't do enough to help you but they do it in a way that's friendly and helpful and not intrusive in the slightest. They showed us some great walks right from the door of Pitmilly - one to a beautiful secluded beach - lovely! Their knowledge of the local area is very good - a great resource to have as a visitor.

Every room is beautifully decorated in a contemporary style. Beds are very comfortable and rooms have power showers - fantastic! The views from the rooms are lovely - looking out accross the fields - feels like you are miles away from anywhere.

Breakfast at Pitmilly is a highlight - homemade bread, fresh fruit salad, smoothies, cereal and that's just to start! The star of the show is Anthea's cooked breakfast - her scrambled eggs are nothing short of fabulous! I doubt if you'll eat a better cooked breakfast in any B&B.

After a lovely walk we returned to find a roaring log fire going in the living room - what a treat!

If you're looking for a B&B that delivers on every count - Pitmilly is the one. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank XYZ5678

Been to Pitmilly West Lodge? Share your experiences!