“Almost perfect...”

Pitmilly West Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Boarhills
Pitmilly West Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Boarhills B&B and Inns
Harrow, United Kingdom
“Almost perfect...”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Anthea welcomes and looks after you! Freshly cooked, good 'organic' fresh varieties at breakfast. Comfortable and tastefully decor for bedroom and lounge. Quiet location (back room) despite being on the main road. Good and reasonable value for St Andrews' area. Anthea, i might bet that you would not know who I am. Remember Scorpio......?

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Alnwick, Northumberland
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stayed here the night before a 7.20 am tee time on the Old Course. Anthea could not have been more accommodating and helpful, insisting on getting up at 6.00 to prepare breakfast despite my protestations. Everything about the room was faultless, as was the breakfast. Great attention to detail in all departments with an attitude of "anything we can do to help?"

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Coffs Harbour, Australia
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We just stayed here for 3 days. It's 4 miles out of st Andrews along the fife tourist route. Anthea and roddie are truly amazing. The rooms are spotless and the hosts so relaxed and welcoming. The breakfast huge and oh so nice. We had the room overlooking the garden and the lounge is a most welcome space to sit and enjoy a good book or a chat. We easily explored St Andrews and the villages from here without the hustle and bustle of staying in a town. Surrounded by fields and so quiet and relaxing but so close to all facilities and the tourist interests of Fife. I will definitely recommend this to my family and friends for the future.

Room Tip: They are all great rooms. You will not be dissappointed. Free wifi too.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I stayed in July 2012 for a friends wedding in St. Andrews in the single room. The lodge is a 5-10 minute drive out of town.

The owners were very welcoming and the place was well presented. I was I shame that I could not stay longer. I'll probably stay there again if I am back in St. Andrews in the future.

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 29, 2012

We stayed at Pitmilly West Lodge when visiting St Andrews for our son's graduation. Unlike many B&Bs there was no massive increase in rates nor were we expected to stay for 2 nights when we only needed one. The hosts were very friendly and welcoming and nothing was too much trouble for them, even a 7am breakfast, which was to die for and kept me going well into the afternoon. Our room, king size double, was very well equipped with nice chocolates and sherry. The shower room was well equipped and the shower very powerful and refreshing, particularly at 6.30am. Over the past 3 years we have stayed in a number of B&Bs in St Andrews, Pitmilly West Lodge is by the afr the ebst, and offers by far the best value for money.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 10, 2012

I stayed here in May 2012 and had a very nice stay. The room was well presented and very clean. The bed was very comfortable and I had a great nights sleep. The shower was nice and powerful- I didn't want to come out! As well as having great accomodation, I dont think you could have more welcoming hosts! Breakfast was also delicious. The lodge is only a short drive to St Andrews and I would definately stay here again if I had the occasion to.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JaxLun
Peebles, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 5, 2012

Pitmilly West Lodge is in a class of its own. There were 5 of us tackling The Fife Coastal Path and we stayed at PWL for 3 glorious nights. This is our 7th year walking the long distance paths in Scotland and unquestionably, PWL is the finest B&B we have stayed in. The rooms are spotless, the breakfasts magnificent and Rod and Anthea so hospitable and helpful we didn't want to leave. Each afternoon on our return from our exertions Anthea had prepared a delicious tea with scones and hot cross buns and in the evening post amusing trips into St Andrews and its many restaurants, there were more cups of tea/coffee and chocolates awaiting us. This is the Jewel in the Crown of Scottish B & Bs.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Fiona C

Been to Pitmilly West Lodge? Share your experiences!