“Simply the best”

Pitmilly West Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Boarhills
Pitmilly West Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Boarhills B&B and Inns
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Simply the best”
Reviewed May 14, 2011

The hosts and accommodation are first clas.

Individual service, nothing too much trouble. Breakfast, whatever you want is cooked fresh & superbly.

Rooms are excellant.

Will go again and heartily recommend.

Jophn & Sheila Nash

Room Tip: We had Garden View but all is very good
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 15, 2011

There was never a point during my three-night stay at this B&B that the owners - Anthea & Rod - didn't do their utmost to ensure maximal hospitality.

There was sherry in the room when I arrived.

When I asked for tea, it brought with cookies into a lovely living room.

When I wanted directions on where to go for a walk, I was given detailed instructions for a gorgeous walk along the coast.

When I needed to be go into town, the owners drove me on numerous occasions.

There was a bathrobe, and the towels were changed every day. Everything was immaculately clean.

The breakfast is cook-to-order and delicious. Poached eggs, fruit, dessert, fresh coffee. In a word, excellent.

I coudn't recommend a nicer place. (There is also free wireless internet.)

The only downside is that - because it is not in town - one has to take a public bus to and from the B&B to get into St. Andrews. But the drive is less than 15 minutes.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Baileyville, Maine
Reviewed October 26, 2010

This was a great place to stay. A little outside of the city, but only about 10 minutes drive. The owners, Anthea and Rod, were most accommodating and made us feel at home. The 2 dogs even welcomed us!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
High Wycombe
Reviewed September 30, 2010

The room was lovely and Anthea and Rod were absolutely fantastic - Rod is a professional caddy and gave me a few tips before I went to play in my competition - which I won! Anthea cooks the most amazing breakfasts which really set me up for a day on the course. The room was perfect and had everything I could possibly need and more. I would not hesitate to stay their again and in fact will be doing so when I go to defend my title next year! I would recommend Pitmilly Lodge to anybody, what a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed August 10, 2010

My father, brother and I stayed at Pitmilly on a golf holiday a few weeks after the British Open was at nearby St. Andrews. Our stay was wonderful. Rod and Anthea were fantastic hosts. The rooms were clean and well appointed. The breakfast was great, and our hosts went above and beyond to help us with golf reservations. Rod even joined us for a round. Pitmilly's location is perfect for golfing at nearby St. Andrews, Kingsbarns, Crail and several other courses. It is a beautiful place and one to which we hope to return in the future.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Epsom
Reviewed June 30, 2010

We stayed with Rod and Anthea for three nights meeting there with with cousins from Australia and were treated royally from start to finish. Nothing was too much trouble and every detail attended to during our stay, or had been thought of in advance. Anthea's poached eggs are to die for as well as the other breakfast offerings. An unforgettable experience on the lovely Fife coast. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Glasgow
Reviewed April 18, 2010

This is the 3rd time we've stayed at Pitmilly now and wouldnt consider going anywhere else in St Andrews.

Rod & Anthea are the perfect hosts, we were greeted with fresh coffee, warm scones and shortbread on arrival. I was staying with my mum & my 7 year old niece who had the 'Red room' a lovely bright room with a door out to the garden, and I was fortunate enough to be given the 'Blue Romm' and use of the self catering wing.

All the rooms have a coloured theme and the attention to detail is 2nd to none, from the decor right down to things like the glasses on the bedside table match. Theres generous tea coffee etc in the rooms, along with sherry and a bowl of chocolates. Theres also ample free off road parking & free wifi internet access throught the house!

The beds are all extremely comfortable and the en suites immaculate, with lovely fresh towels and every kind of toiletries you can imagine and fabulous power showers!

The blue room connects to the main house, has a door to the garden and best of all access to the self catering wing. A beautiful lounge/kitchen are with sofa, flat screen TV/DVD player, good selection of DVDs and doors onto the front parking area. The kitchen if equipped with everything you could need from the basics to a cafietere and wine cooler.

The living room in the main house is available to guests and is a lovely comfy big room off the dining room.

No review would be complete without mention of Antheas cooked breakfast - worth the trip for that alone!!!! Fresh fruit, fresh juice, home made bread, fresh coffee and then the cooked breakfast - out of this world.

Pitmilly West Lodge has everything you could want in a B&B and a whole lot more.

Eagerly counting the weeks until visit no 4!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Starlight999

Been to Pitmilly West Lodge? Share your experiences!