“wont last long.” 1 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Lansing, Michigan
“wont last long.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

I went to this place because my friends and co workers talked it up. I was there 2 days after it opened.

I first noticed that this place simply hired servers from other restaurant's in town that had previously failed and closed.

We were seated, and I observed the following.
-silverware was dirty.
-cloth napkins were dirty
-food under table next to us that sever looked at twice and didn't clean up
then we placed our order
-cheese sticks were burnt
-marinara sauce was DAYS old
-steak was not even close to being cooked correctly.

I asked to speak with the owner and pointed each of these out. He offered to pay for the meal. then proceeded to walk 10 steps away, huddle his team up and EXPLODE on them, yelling at the top of his lungs, swearing left and right, and threatening to fire every one of them.

Needless to say, I will not be back. I wouldn't recommend this place to a homeless dog. And I firmly believe they will not last long unless the owner is taking HUGE losses.

• Visited September 2012

“Great food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

I love the brickhouse's food! I always have a good experience every time I go there. Their burgers are to die for! Their brisket is so tender and flavorful! The soup is always something different and tasty. They have great dessert like peanut butter moose pie. I think it is the best place to eat around!

Portland, Michigan
“Excellent Burgers!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

I have been to the Brickhouse Grille on numerous occasions and have always enjoyed myself. I have had a NY Strip, Brisket, and burgers upon various visits and have found them all to be very good. I wish they had alcohol available, but I believe that will be in by the end of the summer from what I have been told.

But, to not mention the burgers would be an insult -- these are some of the tastiest I have ever had throughout my travels around the United States! You can get practically anything on them and they are simply fantastic!

I read some bad reviews from other people and I appreciate all of them -- hopefully, this place will stay a secret so I never have to wait, but I fear that pretty soon everyone will know about this gem.

East Lansing, Michigan
“Birthday Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

My boyfriend and I ate here for my birthday. Overall our visit was pleasant. The restaurant was relatively empty, but for a new restaurant it does take time to win over locals. We had the ribs with honey BBQ sauce and the stuffed steak. The ribs were great; the stuffed steak a bit undercooked at "medium rare" and needed more stuffing. The staff was very attentive and they did a great job with my birthday peanut butter chocolate cake. Everyone came out to say happy birthday.
Give them a chance.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Horrible, did not live up to the hype.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

We ate there after reading about their aged steaks in the paper. And we like to support our local businesses. I ordered the beef brisket sandwich and my husband ordered an omelet. We should have left when two of the tables next to us were sending their food back. Our food was cold and the brisket was all fat and gristle. My husbands 8 dollar omelet was very small and hardly had any filling. Our booth was over a heating vent on the floor and the heat blowing on us was extremely unbearable. We will not go back. It is a shame we had such high hopes for this place.

• 3 of 5 bubbles