“Birthday Dinner”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My boyfriend and I ate here for my birthday. Overall our visit was pleasant. The restaurant was relatively empty, but for a new restaurant it does take time to win over locals. We had the ribs with honey BBQ sauce and the stuffed steak. The ribs were great; the stuffed steak a bit undercooked at "medium rare" and needed more stuffing. The staff was very attentive and they did a great job with my birthday peanut butter chocolate cake. Everyone came out to say happy birthday.
Give them a chance.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We ate there after reading about their aged steaks in the paper. And we like to support our local businesses. I ordered the beef brisket sandwich and my husband ordered an omelet. We should have left when two of the tables next to us were sending their food back. Our food was cold and the brisket was all fat and gristle. My husbands 8 dollar omelet was very small and hardly had any filling. Our booth was over a heating vent on the floor and the heat blowing on us was extremely unbearable. We will not go back. It is a shame we had such high hopes for this place.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

this is a fairly new restaurant they do not serve alcohol at this time i think they are working on it i got the chicken asian crunch salad and it was very good

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I should have walked away as soon as I pulled up. While entering the Brickhouse Grill, we had to walk past two employees smoking outside. What a turnoff to have to see that. But, we entered into an almost empty restuarant. We and another table were all that was there. I should have left then. Why would a new restaurant be empty during dinner time? Anyways I ordered a shrimp appetizer that never came until I mentioned it to the waitress. She said she forgot to put the order in, and asked if we still wanted it? I should have said no, but no, I said yes, its sounds good. She brought the shrimp to us, and to say it was undercooked, was an understatement. But she did bring us 4 instead of 2 to try to make up for it. So we got 4 undercooked shrimp instead of two. You gotta like that. Well I got my aged steak, it had the appearance of being pan fried, not good, and was certainly a little greasy. Yes I said greasy. I will say, the waitress apologized and they do make good chicken fingers and fries according to my kids.
Never again Brickhouse. You took my 60 bucks this time, but it will be my last time.

Stay away if you want quality food with quality service.

Oh, almost forgot to mention having to sit next to the restroom and witness the chef using it. No good thoughts can come from that vision.

1  Thank Newkie
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Being a new restaurant in town can be hard. You are either going to make it or not. I am not sure this one will make it. The Brickhouse Grille was a disappointment. We were greeted by a young man acting as host. He directed us to an overly large square table that looked like it could easily seat 6 to 8 people. There were only two people in our party. We requested to sit in a booth instead. He graciously sat us and said out waitress would be with us shortly. The decor is minimal. The exposed brick walls on two of the walls is nice. The vibrant, navy blue walls are a bit off putting. A softer color would be warmer. There are some very nice photos from a local photographer that are for sale and those add some pizazz to the room.
My husband ordered the prime rib, baked potato and a bowl of their soup of the day, Creole sausage and Lobster soup. A tomato based soup with large pieces of sausage and potatoes. It was extremely thick, which my husband enjoyed. However, no lobster was to be found. It didn't even have any flavor of lobster. The soup was good except for the omission of the lobster. His baked potato was over baked. His prime rib was cooked to his requested desire. It was wonderfully tender but was lacking flavor. The au jus was salty and we think it may have been an enhanced package mix.
I ordered the beef brisket dinner with a baked sweet potato and a salad. The salad was from a bag mix with sliced carrots, radishes, a wedge of tomato and one piece of cucumber. Balsamic vinaigrette dressing was bland. Not impressed with bagged salad being presented as freshly prepared.
My requested sweet potato was not available. I selected a baked potato instead and it too was over baked.
The beef brisket came sliced on two pieces of Texas toast and barbeque sauce. There was a substantial smoke ring on the meat and it was quite tender. I am not sure if the meat was overly salty or if it was the sauce. I could only eat a small portion because of it.
No dessert or coffee was offered. For a place that it being hyped as professional, the wait staff was not. I do not like being called "guys" and was called it several times and heard it said by other wait persons. That doesn't portray professionalism in my eyes.
To sum up this review, we will not be returning because of several factors. Flavor, appearance of the food, performance of the waitstaff.

2  Thank Countryjules