TripAdvisor

“Olivera's”

Olivera's Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 25 Restaurants in Portland
Reviewed December 28, 2016 via mobile

Great variety of beers on tap. Food was super: Pasta Guido. Diablo, jambalaya, burgers were all GREAT! We walked in at 7:30 with 16 loud kids and adults. They sat us in a private room and took great care of us. We will go back.

Date of visit: December 2016
Write a reviewReviews (40)

Reviewed October 13, 2016

NEW LOCATION IN PORTLAND - sad that the original Olivera's had not expanded their website to include this location. Found them by accident when visiting Portland. I did not have time to visit the day discovered, but came back a few days later. Great location, building, atmosphere, everything. Then we got a great...if not a slightly shy server named Patricia. She was GREAT! I had the fish and chips...it was ugly to look at and the best tasting fish and tartar sauce ever. Wife had a pasta - again wonderful. And the Chicago-style cheesy breadsticks was a 15 on a 10 scale. Manager was present and checking on everyone. One of the single best meals ever, and we will be back!

FYI - a new location with a new manager just there a couple weeks as of 10/1. I don't know how anyone could not have loved it, but did see a poor review on Yelp. I say everyone should try it. Service and food is near perfect and I bet will even get better!

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed September 9, 2016

Oliveras has been open a couple of months now and I've eaten there six times. Each time I have been very happy with my meal, the service, and the atmosphere. There is only one thing that I wish would change---I wish that they would mention their Happy Hour specials when they come to the table to take the first drink order. Or, have the specials printed and available on the tables. I learned from experience to ask---if it's before 6:00 p.m. And, I always ordered something from the specials, once I knew what they were.

1  Thank Harveleah
Reviewed August 24, 2016 via mobile

I was a single woman eating out on a Friday night. I was not happy with my server. She brought the wrong dressing with my salad, then I didn't see her again. Someone else brought out my dinner and got the correct dressing, another refilled my soda. My server showed up to ask how everything tasted. I was just putting the dressing on my salad and told her I hadn't tried anything yet. She disappeared again. The food was excellent, everyone else was attentive...I'll be going back, but I'm going to avoid that one server (if she's even still around).

2  Thank J9080RPdeborahs
Reviewed August 18, 2016

Great Italian cuisine and a wonderful line up of craft brews and wines. Cozy, comfortable atmosphere for a sports pub (LOTS of TVs) and family restaurant. I frequent this new location often since they opened in July 2016. There's another location in Ionia, Michigan which is very popular with the locals. This place is just getting started and finding it's groove, but the owners and servers are very engaging and dedicated to their customers and the community.

1  Thank BlissfulLife15