“Fun atmosphere, great service, food okay”

Latitude 42 Brewing Co.
Ranked #1 of 144 Restaurants in Portage
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We have eaten here three times and have enjoyed the excellent service and great beer selection. It is noisy and not good for quiet conversation. The menu is interesting but we have not found any of the food to be memorable.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We went at 5:45 on a Saturday and the place was pretty crowded. We had an hour wait before our table opened up. We ordered the grilled wings as an appetizer and they were really good. The salads were good, too. We has a sweet Italian pizza and it was ok--the crust was really thin, but not crisp so it was easier to eat with a fork. One daughter had the chicken and avocado sandwich and she liked it. There is a good selection of house made beers. Wines are all from Fennville so just ok. Next time, I would try one of the burgers. They are a mix of chuck, brisket, and short rib. It sounds delicious and they looked good as the servers brought them to other tables.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great service from Matthew I. and great food, great beer too! Atmosphere is fun and the 32 seat bar means no waiting to try their great beers and the Sassy Sangria is fabulous for those that might not like beer.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I had my reservations about eating at a brewpub. My husband really wanted to try it. We went on a busy Friday night. Surprisingly even with the crowd the food was interesting , relatively inexpensive and well-prepared. My husband had a beautiful perfectly grilled burger And I opted for the smoked chicken on blue corn tortilla shells small plate tacos. I loved them. I wanted something relatively healthy and not too caloric.... They totally fit the bill and again the flavor was exceptional! Even with two large microbrews and our entrées we walked out with a $28 bill! For the quality and the upbeat atmosphere I felt like it was a totally successful Friday night!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

My sister and I went for lunch right after they opened on a Saturday. There was no wait and we had an excellent waitress who was knowledgeable about the menu and what the restaurant was offering. I'm definitely going to do the beer flight next time I go.
I saw a lot of people coming back in to get their growlers filled; so I have high hopes on their beers.
I tried the Latitude 42 salad and it was absolutely amazing. I got the half portion and there wasn't a single bite left on my plate. Extremely unique and the Gorgonzola dressing was fantastic.
I can't wait to go again.