“Always a nice meal.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Carrabba's Italian Grill
Ranked #7 of 139 Restaurants in Portage
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kalamazoo
“Always a nice meal.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

We've eaten here several times and the food is reliably good. Really enjoyed the chicken with goat cheese and dried tomatoes. The small pizzas are good and very tasty for one person. The waitstaff is friendly and helpful.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank cbinkz

“Better than expected!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

Went with family and everyone enjoyed the meal immensely. My husband and I had the 3 course meal for $15. We both had the spinach and goat cheese flat bread, which was very good, the Caesar salad, again very good. He had the scallop and shrimp pasta and I had the tilapia. He enjoyed the pasta and my tilapia was awesome. I also had the spinach with garlic , which I really enjoyed. The girls had the the Parmesan chicken with garlic mashed potatoes and they loved it. Would definitely go back! Our server Lloyd was very attentive, knowledgeable and very personable.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hartland, Wi
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

Chose this place as a second choice to Olive Garden who wouldn't take call ahead seating for a party of 7 on a Saturday night, so glad we did! Seated immediately upon arrival, great service and excellent food, would definitely return and recommend, loved it!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Excellent Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

The food was excellent and the service was second to none. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone staying in the Kalamazoo area.

Visited July 2012
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“The Best in Kazoo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

I have eaten out in most restaurants as my business had me wine and dine alot. When I retired I did not want to go out much and decided on a healthy diet, which I found hard to find when eating out. To much grease and I was fastiduous concerning cleanness. Carrabba's had just opened then. Several years later I was given a gift certificate and decided to try them.

1. Greeting: Nice, I was made to feel very welcome. Sometimes they are very full and you may have to wait. They do their best to accommodate and do a good job! You will be glad you waited.

2. Seating: The booths are comfortable and there is plenty of room.

3. Menu: Easy to read and they are very accommodating as to making changes.

4. Wait Staff: Excellent, always very pleasant and genuinely happy. This translates to me as good management and a good place to work.

5. Food: Ah, what can I say. Love it! The salad, pick any, is fresh and very tasty. The bread is wonderful. That in itself is a great meal. But, who can resist. The pasta is ooh la, la, pick your sauce and the chicken, shrimp, veal excellent. I am not a meat eater so I cannot comment on the red meat.

6. Last but not least, the service and the food quality is consistent. If management is reading this. Kudos to you and if you are looking for a fine meal, this is the place.

Good eating to all! Oh, tip them well they will prove they deserve it!

• Visited May 2012