“Good food, ok hibatchi show”

Kumo Hibachi & Sushi
Ranked #70 of 139 Restaurants in Portage
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children
New York City, New York
“Good food, ok hibatchi show”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

We went to Kumo. Food was well prepared, good portions and adequate flavoring. But when you go to Hibatchi, most people go for the show. Our cook did the typical show, volcano onion, egg spinning and large flame fires. But spoke very little and little interaction with the customers at the table. I also ordered the sushi which was good but not great. Service was good.

• Visited March 2012

Kalamazoo
“Excellent food! Great entertainment!”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

We have eaten at kumo several times and are never disappointed. The portions are huge and the kids love the hibachi show. My husband and I do add a plate for $5 and still have leftovers. The sushi is great, also!

• Visited December 2011
“Dinner and a show!”
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Food is great, I love the chefs they are very skilled and fun to watch. They toss broccoli at you to see if you can catch some in your mouth! And even set the grill on fire. If you go Monday through Thursday hibachi meals are buy one get one half off.

“My Absolute Favorite”
Reviewed August 13, 2010

I never thought I would like Sushi...and I must admit, I still won't try the raw kind but the food here is amazing! I absolutely love the Chukka Salad (Pickled Seaweed) and the crunchy roll (cooked shrimp, avocado, rice). Everything on the Hibachi menu is amazing as well. The Hibachi chefs are skilled, entertaining and very friendly. The waitstaff, some...not all, could use some improvement as far friendliness and timeliness go but that would be the only negative thing that I have to say. I would definately reccomend this place.

Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good sushi for a town that is not...”
Reviewed June 27, 2010

Good sushi for a town that is not fish-friendly!