“Pleasant surprise”
Review of Full City Cafe

Full City Cafe
Ranked #14 of 142 Restaurants in Portage
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Description: Made from scratch? You bet. For people who prefer quality food and excellent service when they eat out, our meals are made from scratch using fresh, wholesome ingredients. For people who dine in Kalamazoo and Portage restaurants who prefer fresh food and excellent service in a casual family restaurant atmosphere. Our eclectic American cuisine is scratch made, fresh, from quality ingredients. We employ highly trained, experienced people who care about the food they create to work in our kitchens. You will be treated like family by our professional and friendly wait staff.
Reviewed November 30, 2011

Having not been impressed in the past, I was hesitant to toss my money at this place again. The pricing is a little high ($9 for a piece of quiche, bowl of soup) but it was a pretty good value. Quiche was tasty but not heated all the way through. A decent portion was served. The pumpkin bisque is worth mentioning. Rich and smooth, well balanced and filling. The atmosphere is ordinary and not cozy, but this isn't the type of place that beckons you to linger. Give it a try, but don't get too excited about the salad that I had last time. Coconut chicken was dry, lettuce not cold or crisp. Dressing didn't give much depth to the salad that got boring half way through.

Reviewed July 8, 2011

Full City is one of our favorite places to eat because it has this nice relaxed, comfortable feeling while at the same time producing consistently really tasty food. When life is busy we can find ourselves their easily once or twice a week because we know that we will get an above average meal, we will be treated well, we can get in and out in a reasonable amount of time and it's not outrageously priced. I love the pulled pork and the quiches, my husband and son love the burgers and chips. They also have fancier meals which look really good too. Breakfast and desserts are also way beyond what you can find anywhere else around here.

1  Thank LovetheDrake
Reviewed July 4, 2011

This restaurant is in our neighborhood and we go there frequently. We don't go there for the atmosphere, decor, or cocktails (no alcoholic beverages are served). We go there because the food never disappoints and the waiters and waitresses are friendly and courteous. Keith and Lisa, the owners, make sure that fresh and local produce is used in the ever changing menu. In asparagus season, asparagus is offered, last month strawberries were featured. Recently we enjoyed perch from Lake Michigan that was served either fried or broiled and served with a delicious sauce. One of our friends went for the "all you can eat" option and enjoyed three servings. Salads are always fresh and soups are homemade. The gazpachpo is outstanding. Desserts are also made in house and are wonderful. Try the Italian lemon cake or the fresh berry tarts or pies.
In addition, prices are moderate which encourages repeat visits.

Reviewed June 3, 2011

Have been visiting FCC for several months now. Enjoy the food, smiles and service. Only suggestion is to change the seasonings in the sausage..don't choose it any more. Give the servers an A+..If a mistake is made (seldom I may add) it is fixed with a smile and in a timely manner. Homey atmosphere and always meet someone we know there.
Perfect for relaxed and unhurried dining.

Reviewed May 14, 2011

I usually go in by myself and order a pork sandwhich with french fries. But I am a difficult customer and have a gazillion modifications. Everytime I go in, Steph somehow remembers what I get even with all the crazy modifications I have. Last time I went in, she had my diet coke, no ice with 2 lemon slices ready as soon as I walked in the door. I love how every time I walk in the restuarant I have like 5 different chics ask how I am and they all know my name too somehow. I like this place. My work calls for me to travel a lot and this is by far in my top 5 fav places to eat!

1  Thank ardnekalamazoo