“Best food and drinks around!!”
Review of Van Camp House - CLOSED

Van Camp House
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 4, 2014

It has been a couple weeks since my last visit to the Van Camp House and I can't wait to go back. From the minute you walk in the door you know that a night out at the Van Camp House is going to be more of an experience than just a good place to grab dinner. Each time I visit the menu is new, which I love. It's hard to decide exactly which meal to choose however I know from past experiences there's no doubt whatever I select it will be delicious! I also love the menu features locally grown produce and locally raised meats. This is a wonderful place to dine with friends or for a couple. I highly recommend the chocolate martini!

There are newer reviews for Van Camp House

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We visited after a several year hiatus and found it to very good. The limited menu is different each day but given the location, understandable. A bit pricey for the area but well worth it. The beer and wine selections are also small, but with a bit of searching something can be found to suit your taste. My wife had the chicken dish served with risotto, I think, and it was tasty. The first turkey dinner of the year was good but the stuffing needed more flavor. It was served with squash, but barely enough to taste. All in all worth visiting again.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

We went there with a group of 7 and had a wonderful time. The wait staff and owners were friendly and professional. Menu appears to be a daily production. Each person in the group made mention about how delighted they were with their meals. Although the entrees are pricy and no salads or vegetables are included, the food was excellent.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We visited the Van Camp House after winning a gift certificate at a cherity golfing event in the area. Friends told us that the restaurant was great, but expensive. After dining there I would say that by Port Sanilac standards both are true, but if compaired to nice dining places in larger cities, the prices are about normal. There were four of us and all of us thought that our meals were very good, But what really set the place apart was when the owner stopped by and shared a glass of wine with us at our table and we talked for at least 15 minutes! Oh yes, and whatever they call the pie - it was probably the best piece of pie I have ever eaten - probably has 1000 calaries, but man was it great!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

My wife and I were enjoying a night away for our 5th wedding anniversary and staying at the best B&B I have ever stayed at about 20 miles south of this restaurant on Lake Huron in Burtchville/North Lakeport. The B&B owners suggested Van Camp House restaurant as one of their favorites. We were definitely not disappointed and suprised now tremendous an experience it was enjoying the finest fine dining in low key Port Sanilac. The ambience was wonderful, the service great and the food exceptionally good. We loved the one page menu of supremely fresh choices that changed each day.

We will be back to VCH without question - actually can't wait to plan another getaway to that part of the thumb area. Highly recommended!!

1  Thank pb70