“very comfortable, relaxing, loved the in-room jacuzzi, slept like babies”

Baymont Inn & Suites Port Huron
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Port Huron
Waterford, Michigan
“very comfortable, relaxing, loved the in-room jacuzzi, slept like babies”
Reviewed August 21, 2010

we had a very relaxing stay at the baymont...good scenery and food nearby.
we enjoyed the room with the jacuzzi

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JandTadventures

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Reviewed August 14, 2010

When looking at ratings for hotels in the Port Huron area, this hotel was given just two stars by most of the travel websites. Therefore, I was not expecting much when we arrived. From the outside it is very plain, but the inside has been redone, and it looks very nice. The rooms are very clean and we even had a fridge and microwave (wasn't expecting that)! The area for the toilet and shower are a little small, but the plus side is that the bathroom sink is outside that area. This was a plus for someone traveling with teenage girls! Breakfast was your regular continental muffin, cereal, juice and coffee fare, but it worked for us. The only unfortunate thing was that it seemed there was only one person working in the whole hotel. The poor girl at the front desk had to get our extra towels at night, and then a different girl had to put out breakfast and check us out in the morning. More staff would have definitely helped out in that area! We would recommend this hotel to anyone that needs a clean, inexpensive place to stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank jenkins585
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 6, 2010

The hotel is not super hard to find but it is tucked away off a main road. I had to call to get help finding it. But for what I needed, which was a safe, affordable, and clean room for one night alone, then the second with my husband and son, it was perfect. I was given a very nice room on the second floor and when I asked for a first floor room because I have a bad knee and the hotel does not have an elevator, I was easily accomodated.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Travelpeg2010
Burlington, New Jersey
Reviewed August 5, 2010

After retiring for the night, I heard (and felt) loud, sleep disruptive thumping noises. I was unsure were the noise was coming from, i.e., hallway, stairwell, nearby room, etc. I called front desk and spoke to Megan. I explained about the noise. She took action immediately, determined where the noise was coming from (a room next to ours) and addressed the noise problem to the people involved. They in turn took action to stop the noise. It turned out parents with a disabled, mentally handicapped child were staying in the room next to mine. Something had happened to upset the child and he had been making the noise.
Megan was courteous, took quick action, and resolved the problem. Kudos to Megan for a job well done!
We stayed in a clean, well maintained room with king bed and jacuzzi. An excellent room for a good price!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Happily_Homeless2009
Ottawa
Reviewed August 5, 2010

A group of us (9 people) stayed here and I thought the staff were very friendly, warm and inviting. The front desk was very flexible to our requests (room switches, bed sizes etc.) The rooms were clean and breakfast satisfying. We would go back to this location anytime.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Alive4evermore
Saint Clair Shores, Michigan
Reviewed July 31, 2010

This is my 4th stay at the hotel and I find the staff from managers to maids on all shifts to be attentive,energetic and respectfull at all times. The pool and sauna are large enough for many families to enjoy at the same time without the feeling of being crowded out. The rooms I have had the pleasure of staying in have been comfortable and relaxing always clean and with a frig and microwave the ease of keeping food on hand for family is always a plus. and an added plus I find is the wetland area where I can watch the wildlife that resides right from my window. Many hotel stays at different locations in port huron bring me right back to baymont.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank abeegus
grayling, mi
Reviewed April 13, 2010

This was the absolute worst hotel I have ever stayed at! We were in Port Huron for my grandmother's funeral. When we went to use the pool we stopped to ask the front desk for pool towels and were told they were "out". We had to use our room towels. Other guests smoking in the "no smoking" pool room?

That evening there was a serious party directly above us. I'm talking bowling ball sounds, yelling, screaming, doors slamming. At around 3 am we decided that we were tolerant long enough and went to talk to the front desk. Were pretty sure she was sleeping in the back room as it took a few "hollers" before she came out and when she did she was disoriented.

We were treated rudely when we explained what was going on with "well, what do you want me to do about it?" 4 am rolls around and we have to return to the front desk...again, treated rudely with "well, I called and told them to be quiet...what else do you want me to do?"

5 am and yes,,,,party still going...return to the front desk...NOTHING DONE! Nice getting 1 hour of sleep before your grandmother's showing...Apparently, they would rather have party guests vs respectable ones.

In the morning, when we asked the housekeeper for new towels (we were staying another night) We were told they were "out"?????? How can you be out...Never received a room refresh, treated rudely, parties all night...

Don't stay here!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank mlbrigham
PortHuronManager, Owner at Baymont Inn & Suites Port Huron, responded to this review, June 25, 2010
We do not have front desk staff that sleep during the night, they are very professional and ethical front desk staff! They do not respond to guests in this manner. We have numerous guest stay here through out the year We cannot control what someone is doing in there room other than notify them that they are being loud. Or we could have moved the room, we were only half sold that evening. All staff know that they must take care of any guest inconvenience right away! We treat all our guest respectably. Our pool would be shut by the health department if we let guests eat, smoke and drink in the pool room!! This is not allowed at any time of the day. We have plenty of linen to go around for all the rooms! We have numerous guests that stay here again and again!!!! Absolutley nothing wrong with the hotel..........
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Huron
#3 of 10 in Port Huron
Fairfield Inn by Marriott Port Huron
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Huron
Super 8 Marysville / Port Huron Area

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Port Huron? Share your experiences!