“EXCELLENT”

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Port Huron
Fowlerville mi
“EXCELLENT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2009

I have stayed at this hotel 7 times while working in the Port Huron area. I have stayed while it was an Amerihost and Baymont. I am Amazed with the level of respect by the hotel staff. For the price of 70 bucks a night you are really treated as a person. I really liked the fact that I was treated like a person and that company policy did not get in the way of common sense. i.e. I was working a late shift and returned to the hotel after 2:00am. I asked the hotel clerk if I could take a quick swim even though the pool was closed. She told me it would be fine as long as I was quiet as there are suites that overlook the pool. You know it's the little things that that will keep me coming back to this baymont hotel time and time again. Matter of fact I am staying 7/9-712 and am very excited about it. I know that it seems like I am repeating myself but the fact is that for 70 bucks a night the level of accomidation and hospitality is quite remarkable. I think that " big buisness could learn a thing or two from your hotel. Whatever you guys are doin out there in port huron... keep it up! Kudos to the management and staff. :)
Christian Watson and Ed Wistie. From Fowlerville MI

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
PortHuronManager, manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Port Huron, responded to this review, July 28, 2009
Thank You very much for this kind review , we appreciate your business, and hope to see you next time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Mt. Clemens, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2009

My girlfriends and I take a weekend getaway every year, this year we chose to stay at the Baymont Inn in Port Huron. We had a great stay. Everyone on staff was very friendly and helpful, the pool and hot tub were very relaxing. The continental breakfast was especially enjoyable. We would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to have a nice weekend away.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2009

First of all, this place is NOT in Port Huron as advertised, in fact, it is about 6-10 miles outside of Port Huron in the middle of nowhere. Nothing was of quality standard, the remote didn't work for the tv and when we asked for a new one, they said all their supplies are typically stolen. There were no towels in the pool area and the entire place is simply of very cheap and poor quality. The room was either extremely hot and dry, or freezing cold. Even when you turned the heat/air unit off, it would come on incessantly throughout the night, waking you up. The refrigerator in the room made a constant ticking noise, also making it difficult to sleep.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
PortHuronManager, manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Port Huron, responded to this review, May 26, 2009
We are not 10 miles out of Port Huron. We are 5 miles from the Blue Water Bridge. We have extra remotes at the front desk for back up. Our front desk staff is very helpful. We do not keep our pool towels in the pool room but do provide them at the front desk, and also there is a letter in each room that tells the guest about the towels. We would have gladly moved the room had front desk been notified of the inconvenience. We don't tell any guest at reservations that we are located in port huron. We are just a few minutes from downtown port huron!!! We are 3 star hotel and quality and standards are equivelant to baymont standards. I'm very sorry that we are not a hilton property, which you expected.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2009

I got this hotel off of hotwire for 50 dollars a night. I booked two rooms for myself, husband, two children, and grandparents. I was quite looking foward to coming here, as it had pretty reasonable reviews on tripadvisor. Unfortunatley, the state of disrepairs in the hotel, overshadowed everything else. I went down to use the pool facilities, and was sad to see that the jacuzzi was broken. We went to the sauna, but it too had been closed down (and from the look of the rusty lock, it had been closed for quite some time.) The pool is suppossed to be heated, but it was freezing. (Mgmt later said it was becuase somebody left the windows open). I went back to my room to warm up, and when I used the blow dryer, it too was broken. My husband went to the gym,. but the main piece of equipment...you guessed it...broken. My cards failed twice, and the back middle door doesn't open, so you have to walk to the front of the building to find a door that will open with the key card! I went down to the front desk to tell them about my expereince and give them fair warning that I am a trip advisor poster. The girl at the desk apologized, but wasn't in the position to make any amends to the problems. Lastly, we went down the continental breakfast, and all had a sad hearty laugh abouthte state of the bagels. We literally passed the one bagel around to see if anyone could bite through it. It was like a scene from a national lampoon movie. Only joke was on me.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank uniquenames
Sometimes things do break and we had to replace our heater for hot tub. Unfortunetly, it was ordered at that time and was taking about 7 business days for delivery. We do not have a sauna at our hotel. We have not had a sauna for the last 4 years and we do not advertise that we have one. This hotel is not a joke, we have numerous guest that enjoy staying with us. We provide fresh fruit, bagels, cereal, milk, juices, english muffins, french toast, belgium waffles, danish every day for our guest. It seems like it is impossible to please you based on the numerous bad reviews you've given to other hotels you have stayed in. Our job at the front desk is to please guest and everything possible was done to please you. The cards to get into rooms are easily deactivated by putting them by cell phones and television, and we do inform guest at check in. Our pool and hot tub are both heated and is ran by health department and regulation.There is absolutely nothing wrong with the hotel!!!
Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2009

This very inexpensive hotel exceeded our expectations. While the rooms were a bit small and dated to some degree, the bed was very comfortable and they have new sheets and duvets. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We will definetly stay here again.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Marysville, michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2009

My husband and I stayed in the honeymoon suite at the Baymont Port Huron for our 15th anniversary and we couldn't have been happier! Everything was so nice and relaxing, from the comfy beds, the hot tub in the room, the pool and jacuzzi, to waking up to a great breakfast in the lobby, especially the waffles. We had a gorgeous room in a peaceful hotel, and we're definetely coming back for our 16th anniversary.

• Liked — Everything in the hotel seemed new, bright and fresh.
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
Appleton, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2008

Stayed there Dec 7 & 8, 2008. Bedding was very comfortable but there were some old blood stains that could have been taken off down comforter(that was gross). Towels were great and so was cleanliness of hotel. Was not happy about the ice bucket being wet at check in. Had a rough nite sleeping, the people above us were up at 3:00 am and very loud and noisy. The people in the ajoining room could be heard talking all morning, wall seemed thinner than usual should not have been able to hear neighbors so much they were talking at a normal volume. Waffle maker was excellent the orange juice tasted watered down both mornings. Number 1 complaint was the rudeness of hotel clerk on Monday morning Dec 8, 2008. She would not smile, make eye contact or just simply say Hi. More interested with being on phone talking personal with whoever about personal issues. I believed that was pretty rude.

• Liked — Bedding and towels
  • Disliked — the one rude clerk on Monday morning others were very nice
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank luv2travel54915
PortHuronManager, manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Port Huron, responded to this review, January 28, 2009
All our beddings plus linen are monitered daily before they are put again on the beds for any stains, etc. We do have front desk service 24/7 were the guest is able to notify them of any noises or distractions from another room.
Once again, if front desk staff is notified they take care of the issue right away. All staff are trained to be courteous, professional, and polite to all guests. We get alot of compliments on the guest service with front desk staff.