All reviews room was clean stayed here for nights make your own waffles quiet location nice stay non smoking front desk staff canadian border yogurt border crossing would stay again continental breakfast renovation michelle
Selected filters
Reviewed March 29, 2019 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights, March 6 & 7, 2019. The front desk personnel while I was there (Daryl, Sam and Michelle) were very obliging and friendly. They helped me with luggage; they called the Blue Water Bus Company and the local taxi cabs for me so I could visit various places in Port Huron. They also gave me an extra blanket when I was in need of one. The daily breakfast was delicious and consisted of scrambled eggs, sausage, danish/bagels/muffins and make your own waffles, plus hot and cold cereals and 3 different kinds of juice. There was also hot coffee and tea. The only criticism I had of the decaf coffee was that it tasted weak. I do love my morning decaf coffee to be strong! My bathroom and bedroom was clean and spacious. The bed was full size and very comfortable. There was an indoor pool available for swimming and a room with some exercise bicycles for guests, which I did not use. In my opinion, this was a first class hotel, and I wish I could have stayed longer.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed March 10, 2019 via mobile

For $10 more I could have stayed at the holiday inn across the street and that's a new hotel. It needs updates big time. Our room also needed new windows as there was a draft so big coming in that it was blowing the curtains. Our door was sticking, we had to slam it to get it to shut. And we found a wad of dark brown hair in the bathroom that may have been pulled out of a hair brush. We went to the pool and after swimming around for an hour with my 6 yr old son,we saw a bandaid floating...none of us had a bandaid on before getting in. It was just really disappointing because I could have paid just $10 more for an updated hotel that probably would have been cleaner and less drafty. Don't waste your time trying to save a few extra dollars, it's not worth the savings.

Date of stay: March 2019
Reviewed October 31, 2018 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights and the room was comfortable for my family and I. The staff was very good to come in daily and clean. The continental breakfast had multiple things, from fresh fruit and cereals to hot eggs and sausage. The front desk staff was always friendly and helpful. The only thing that might be a downside, they do not have an elevator but that didn’t affect us so I still give it a 5.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

Everything very clean.
Front desk no matter what shift we're very friendly and on top of things.
Had to make a phone call to the front desk well after midnight. And immediately it was taken care of. We stayed two nights, higly recommend this hotel for your stay. We didn't have a dog but it is a dog friendly hotel.

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here to visit family in the area. Room was clean with plenty of room for three adults. Front desk help was great in upgrading our room to one with frig and micro. Staff in the breakfast room we're very good at keeping everything well stocked. Pool arear looked good although I did not use it.

Date of stay: August 2018