“Nice stop for the night”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Port Huron
Reviewed July 10, 2005

Everything about this hotel was adequate for what we needed. Only stayed one night. We arrived after 11 p.m at night and was told that the security door near our room was still unlocked (was suppose to be locked at night) and the fire door at the top of the stairs that was suppose to be closed was blocked open.

• Stayed: July 2005
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn

Reviewed June 7, 2005

What's all the fuss? I've stayed at this hotel several times and have never had a problem. While it's true that sometimes you do hear noises coming from adjacent rooms, that's to be expected, the same as you would hear noises coming from other parts of your own home. I've traveled with my son's hockey team and know how noisy 15 boys can be in a hotel. As for the service, it was above average. The hotel itself is just as good as any other hotel in Port Huron. I will be back.

• Stayed: February 2005, traveled on business
1  Thank northerntraveler56
southfield, mi
Reviewed January 19, 2005

Stayed at this hotel for a hockey tournament. Fabulous staff, great customer service, tried to make things right. They let the kids and parents alike have a good time, but the rooms weren't that great. Bathrooms ... stark white no ambience ... showers were gross, and the tile along the shower moldy.

If you don't care what a room looks like, but want good customer service this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2005
Madison Heights
Reviewed December 23, 2004

It was average, nothing else to say. We had no problem with check in or check out. The room was nice and clean. If you are looking for strictly a place to sleep after being on the road awhile, this will work.

Flint, MI
Reviewed August 25, 2004

The room was a smoking room, even though I had asked for a non-smoking room when I booked online. We were too tired to move to another room, but the front desk did tell us upon CHECK-OUT that they would have changed the room had we asked. There was peeling wall paper and an odd smell in the hallway and my first thought was that the place reminded me of a motel 6. It was an OK room, but when I saw the Hampton Inn across the street when we pulled into the CI parking lot, I had wished that I had booked at the Hampton Inn. I've always had a great stay there, no matter what city. Therefore, I would say that if you have a choice between the Hampton and CI, choose the Hampton Inn.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Manistee, MI
Reviewed September 9, 2003

This hotel was G R E A T! The staff was very pleasant, especially after staying at all the different hotels in Port Huron. I travel to this area a lot, and have stayed in all the various hotels around Port Huron, and I have to tell you that you will not find better service, better rooms, or better atmosphere anywhere.And they added these huge waffles in the morning that are a nice addition and break from the ordinary.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 31, 2002

I booked three rooms for myself and my business partners using my charge card. The hotel suggested we leave the charges on my card so that each individual room did not incur a deposit fee of $50 each. We were all to pay for our rooms upon checkout.

During the night, we were constantly awakened by a rowdy semi pro hockey team. Not only were they running up and down the halls, the people in the room above us were literally bouncing off the walls. We were tolerant until 3am when I called the front desk and asked them to do something about it. The gentleman informed me that he had received numerous complaints, and so far he couldn't do anything about it, but he would try again. The noise continued until past 5am. Without being crude, what we were hearing were 4 people in one room having sex for hours. This was confirmed the next morning by the agent at the checkout desk, who read us the log book. It stated that two of the players brought home some girls from the bar.

Comfort Inn has a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee that states "If you are not 100% satisfied for any reason, you don't pay for your room." When we checked out, we fully expected them to honor this agreement. We were told by the agent at the desk that she didn't have the authority to do this, however she called the manager on call and got approval to charge my card half price for the rooms. (The third charge was removed because my partner paid for his room on his card, which he is also disputing) She stated that I would have to call the manager the following day and the matter would be investigated and the charges would be removed.

After waiting two days to hear from the management I was told that YES, I should not have to pay for my room, but because the rooms were all in my name, they would only honor their guarantee for ONE room. In other words, if the rooms had been in three separate names, no one would have been charged. I feel this is an outrageous betrayal of the guarantee that is posted in every room of that hotel. This "one room policy" is not explained anywhere.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member