“excellent place to stay”

Hampton Inn Port Huron
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Port Huron
GreenLeadersBronze level
michigan
“excellent place to stay”
Reviewed June 30, 2008

I have stayed here about 10 times over the last year. My wife and I frequent the Port Edward casino just over the bridge into Canda, and the Hampton service has been exceptional. The rooms are clean, the staff is friendly, and access to Canada is less then 2 minutes away by car. I would recomend this hotel to anyone.

• Liked — it was clean
  • Disliked — can't think of anything
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed July 8, 2007

We stayed here over the July 4th holiday for four nights. Upon check in, we were greeted by the friendly night staff. The next morning, we found out that our room did not have hot water in the shower, but the staff quickly gave us a new room. Our next room was in working order. The hotel was quiet and clean. It is kept up nicely. The beds were *very* comfortable (better than mine at home)!! The wireless worked great. Each room has a lapboard, so you can use your laptop sitting down or in a bed. The indoor pool was great, but the hot tub only fit two people. The pool hours were very reasonable (6 a.m. - Midnight). Would stay again at this Hampton Inn!

• Liked — The beds!!!!
  • Disliked — The view from our window.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank Hippo5
Greenwood, Indiana
Reviewed March 6, 2007

Was in town for business and stayed at this hotel last week and this week as well. The staff is friendly and as normal, a very consistant hotel... as it is will all Hampton hotels I stay in.

The breakfast is the same as every other Hampton I stay in, room is always clean and I love the cookies in the evening.
The wireless internet works all the time ( more then I can say for some hotels)

I needed help sending a fax and the hotel staff took care of me as well as called my room when a fax came in for me.

Close to Bob Evans and Cracker Barrel... my favorites...and a short drive to other local restaurants as well.

I'll stay here again!

• Liked — The Staff!
  • Disliked — No Laundry Room
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
4 Thank mymanjoe
Chicagoland, IL
Reviewed March 5, 2007

I do a drive between Chicago and Toronto relatively often, but sometimes Michigan weather can be treacherous so I'll stop in Port Huron every now and then.
The first time I came across this Hampton Inn was in the middle of a brutal ice fog at about 2am. Luckily, they had rooms available.
I was amazed at how incredibly comfortable the beds were! I had one AMAZING night's sleep. The fact that a hot breakfast was included just made everything even better, and it was quite good with a decent variety. I was seriously surprised, and have stayed here a few times since that night, the last visit being this past October. It's an excellent place to take a break during a long drive.

• Liked — The BEDS!
  • Disliked — That it's sold out way too often.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled solo