“Great Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Grand Bend, Canada
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

Greeted warmly and treated very professionally by all staff. The breakfast area was very clean and tidy with great choices of food. Hotel was quite and clean located ideally for our activities in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

Always pleased at a Hampton Inn. What impressed me most with this one was the attention to customer service; front desk called into room to make sure everything was satisfactory, pleasant greetings coming and leaving the hotel, and asking how the breakfast was the next morning. The staff were constantly cleaning, tidying and stocking the common areas. We have stayed twice now on shopping trips from London, ON just for a quick "getaway." It actually feels like one at the Hampton Inn! Very comfy beds and a very hot hottub!

Room Tip: We were happy with the top floor but should have asked for a non-adjoining room even though it was v...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

The room was clean, the staff was very friendly and helpful. We were able to relax and feel at home. Breakfast was excellent. Thanks so much! It's a little hard to get to (or Google maps was confused) but we would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

I always stay at Hampton Inns whenever possible, due to their consistently good amenities and value. Port Huron is no exception, and beats many of its brethren for friendly staff. As a Canadian frequently crossing the border here, it is also very, very convenient. My only complaint last night was an unusually high noise level within the hotel - not from loud guests, but just people walking in their room above us, or along the corridor outside our room. We were on the second floor, so I will ask for the third floor in future at this hotel.

Room Tip: There seems to be a lot of internal noise in the hotel, so ask for the third floor, well away from t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Laingsburg, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

I travel quite a bit for my job and I ALWAYS seek out Hampton Inn first for my stay. I love their mattresses and bedding. It's the only hotel chain that I actually get some sleep! The staff is always pleasant and greets me with a smile. They make sure I know what is available to me as a guest and if I need ANYTHING, to please let them know. They say it in a way so I know I am not bothering them. I can't recommend Hampton Inn enough!

Walker, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

To whom this may concern, This has been the best experience I have ever had staying in a hotel. Karen, the front desk clerk was very helpful. She was always happy and never failed to help with information I needed. I feel if more places had employees like Karen, they would have a better and more efficent buisness. As for the rest of the staff here at the Port Huron-Hampton, Shelby, Carroll,and Becky were also very friendly, as well helpful in many ways. I got to know the staff here at the Hampton very well, after being here for a month while being relocated by my company. I would also have to say that Krystal, the cleaning lady that kept my room up was amazing. She kept my room in great shape and clean. I appreciate a buisness that is being ran to the high standards that I see here at the Hampton in Port Huron. I would love to see more Hotels and buisnesses ran with the standards and expectations I see here. The Hampton in Port Huron has definately put together a fantastic staff. I don't believe I will stay in any other hotel as long as there is a Hamton in town where ever I may go. I hope they are all as good as the this one in Port Huron.

London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

I have never had such a positive experience checking into a hotel. The individual that looked after us was amazing. She anticipated our every need, booked our cab for the next morning, suggested we park our car in their lot as security was an issue at the train station. The hotel was great, but we could have been checking into a barn - after she looked after us - I would have been the first one to line up at the barn door to do it again!!!!!!
For anyone coming from Canada - the location was great and easy to get to from the bridge and easy to get back home

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Huron
Fairfield Inn Port Huron
Fairfield Inn Port Huron
#4 of 10 in Port Huron
Hampton Inn by Hilton Sarnia/Point Edward

Been to Hampton Inn Port Huron? Share your experiences!