“Outstanding! Helpful and friendly”

Hampton Inn Port Huron
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Port Huron
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 7, 2013

My team stayed here for the 2013 Silver Stick Tournament, everything was great, Pool/Hot Tub, Fitness room, 24/7 coffee bar, and use of the conference room for video review of the days games!
Jessica and Carol were truly helpful and friendly at the front desk. Complimentary Breakfast was superb with eggs, sausage, waffles and oatmeal. Juice bar was great for getting the team going in the morning!
Joe Stubits
Chicago Bruins

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Port Huron

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We highly recommend this hotel. The rooms, lobby, pool & fitness area were all very clean and well presented. The staff was polite and accommodating. We were there for a hockey tournament and the staff welcomed us with open arms, this is not always the case... The complimentary breakfast was excellent w/lots of choices on food/drinks. We would definitely stay here again!!

Room Tip: We had a large group, rooms everywhere.. I didn't hear any complaints..
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Traveled with a team to the Hampton Inn in Port Huron. The staff cwas very attentive to all of our needs. They helped us order food in and make reservations at great restaurants. They served their breakfast early one morning to accomodate us. They were very friendly. The place was clean. It was perfect for our needs and we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 29, 2013

When we booked online we had no idea that this hotel was so great.The weather was very cold and snowing,but Jessica(at Front desk)showed us our room and indoor pool,laundry room,workout room and the dining area for a hot breakfast .She explained that the Pee Wee Hockey Teams were coming later in the week and she did not think they would be too noisy .The hotel was invaded later in the week with lots of young people but there was no problem for us.
The hotel is spotless and the staff is the best we have ever seen.The breakfast was great and coffee is available 24/7.It snowed every day and the hotel was always easy to get in and out.

Preston Lawley

Room Tip: We loved the King / Whirlpool room on ground floor at the back door.Easy to load and unload car.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

The room was very comfy. The TV is HD and has Direct TV. Lots of channels to choose from. The staff and General Manager are all super friendly, helpful and a pleasure to deal with. The breakfast bar is nice with lots of selections but keep in mind the is typical Hampton selection. The location is close to the Blue Water Bridge to Canada. It's also close to lots of reasonable priced local restaurants. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Well, not really. Actually it was a sort of generic Hampton Inn just off the Interstate. But it was a really well run generic Hampton Inn just off the Interstate, and I'd be happy to stay there again. The desk staff were incredibly friendly, going so far as to help find me some orange juice when I arrived late with the beginnings of a cold. I booked one of the jacuzzi king rooms because I wanted a big tub, and I got exactly what I booked. I had a nice hot soak, and was pleasantly surprised that I could watch TV from the tub (because it was in the corner of the living room -- see the traveller pictures someone else has posted). I was also pleasantly surprised to find a free bottle of water and bag of Cracker Jack as a welcome amenity, and lots of towels between the shower and bath tub.

I found the bed very comfortable, with ample pillows and a warm extra blanket in the closet which helped with my cold. I had a good night's sleep, but I can see the criticism (that other reviews have noted) about how thin the floors seem to be. It didn't bother me because I didn't hear it until after I was awake in the morning. But I fear I might have been the guest who kept others awake with the sound of the water running in the tub and in my walking around the room late.

The free breakfast was Hampton Inn standard, executed down to the letter of the corporate planogram: it was all fully stocked, none of it will make you sick, and while it will help keep you from starving you won't remember any of it by dinner. The high point was probably the fresh fruit, which was both fruity and fresh. The oatmeal was, unfortunately, neither oaty nor mealy. It was just sticky. And bland. And only lukewarm. But it didn't make me sick(er), so on the balance I consider it a win.

So, slight kidding aside, it obviously isn't the MGM Grand. But it doesn't try to be. Instead it is a full-service Hampton Inn that delivers on the basics. Odds are if you are staying in Port Huron, it is because you're there to do something outside the hotel or because you are en route to somewhere else. This hotel should provide you with a solid jumping off point for your stay.

Room Tip: My guess is noise issues would be lowest on the top floor.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 8, 2013

And complimentary breakfast food really not good. Scrambled eggs looked like pellets. The noise was the worst part but nothing could be done immediately since the guest upstairs only seemed to be walking from one place to another. But we could hear every footfall and the ceiling creaked. Had also requested feather free and they had to set it up when we arrived, although the reservation had been made 3 weeks before.

Staff was helpful with dinner recommendations and directions the next morning. Value is excellent and location was good for us as we were crossing into Canada the next morning after a long first day drive.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor and guests walking across the room above you won't disturb you.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business