“Good staff but noise between rooms on floor above unacceptable.”

Hampton Inn Port Huron
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Port Huron
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 8, 2013

And complimentary breakfast food really not good. Scrambled eggs looked like pellets. The noise was the worst part but nothing could be done immediately since the guest upstairs only seemed to be walking from one place to another. But we could hear every footfall and the ceiling creaked. Had also requested feather free and they had to set it up when we arrived, although the reservation had been made 3 weeks before.

Staff was helpful with dinner recommendations and directions the next morning. Value is excellent and location was good for us as we were crossing into Canada the next morning after a long first day drive.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor and guests walking across the room above you won't disturb you.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Do not book a room at this hotel!! I CALLED and spoke to a lady on the phone to book 2 joining rooms. As i know it can't be gaurented online. I explained to the lady that i needed 2 joining rooms as we were 2 families travelling together. She confirmed the rooms and said they were locked so no one could steal them.( i guess this is a common thing at this hotel) I called an hour before we checked in to confirm the rooms were ready and we could have early check inn. I was told they were ready and early check in would be fine.. When we arrived we weretold that the previous guest had decided to stay another night and he was in a joining room so we could have 2 rooms on the same floor. After trying to figure out what we were going to do and the lady being really rude and very unwilling to accomadate us we decided we would have to go somewhere else. I later found out they charged my credit card for the 2 rooms. It has been 2 weeks and i'm still fighting with them to get my money back. I should have never been charged in the first place. I didn't stay at their hotel because they gave away our rooms!! I have tryed to contact the manager numerous times and can not even get a call back. I have had to contact head office. Which their policy is too give the hotel 3 days to do right by the customer. 2 weeks later, still not resolved! You would think a chain like Hilton could take care of a problem right away.I Do not book here,Their customer service is terrible and the staff is so rude. Would not recommand this hotel chain to anyone,Not even my worest enemy!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Stacey C
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I have stayed at this motel many times.
Nason Shamash has been the manager for a very long time and he is wonderful to deal with and has an incredible memory for his multitudes of former customers. I owe him a huge debt of gratitude for finding me room at this Inn when there was none officially to be had.
I could not make a reservation in advance because there is a 24 hour cancellation policy at this property and I had no clue how the traffic was going to turn out in Chicago and along the road. I tentatively booked a room at the Hampton Inn in East Lansing (if you have been reading my reviews, you will notice that a large proportion of them are for Hampton Inns--Hampton is a class act and getting better by the day and it is my favorite motel choice along the road). But, by a stroke of incredible good luck, I found myself in East Lansing just after 2 pm and figured I had another couple of hours of driving in me (and also, I happen to know that there is a very good TJMaxx in Port Huron, which is always a draw to a Canadian returning home), so I phoned the Port Huron location and was lucky enough to connect with Nason. Even though he had no whirlpool rooms available, and only one double bedded room, I decided to keep driving.
When I got to the motel, I was thrilled to find myself allotted what must be the bridal suite--check out the beautiful whirlpool in the alcove.
All the standard amenities of a gold standard Hampton are present, plus a brand new, beautiful lobby.
Wonderful bedding, fabulous breakfast, two computers with free internet.
And the price was quite reasonable, given all the perks.
I was so well rested in the morning that I had lots of energy to blitz the TJMaxx before hitting the Blue Water Bridge and heading home.
There is a lot of construction in the area and the instructions the front desk gave me for accessing the TJMaxx to bypass it got me quite lost, but, all in all, this was a wonderful stay and a nice little vacation along the road.
One comment--the faucet on the whirlpool was installed on the wrong side of the tub--I had to wade into the tub as it was filling to correct the water temperature. This looks to me like an accident waiting to happen.
Also, if I recall correctly, the fridge did not have a freezer section. But, one can request that any frozen things one has along be kept at the front desk freezer overnight. I usually travel with two coolers and lots of blue ice and often request the blue ice be frozen for me overnight. The particular night I was at this property, it was freezing outside and I left the coolers in the car and just took a few items up to the room to keep in the fridge.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed in a clean and pleasant room. Well looked after by the very friendly staff that greeted us. We were leaving so they made sure we had a lunch to go and rang to make sure we were up. The Hampton Inn is well worth the price.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I am a 50 year old male with three children and a wife. We stayed at the Port Huron Location 1655 Yeager Street I stayed with my family. Our youngest daughter was sick to her stomach. While she was sick our toilet clogged,We went downstairs to ask for a room change, they refused and said the hotel was full. While mopping up the overflowing toilet we received a noise complaint. We refused to stop cleaning as the water was overflowing into the bedroom. Their response was to have 6 cops show up at our door in front of our family and offer us the ultimatum of staying with nonworking plumbing or getting out at 2am as long as we didn't complain they would let us stay. This was the worst stay I have ever had. I will be canceling my corporate account and my family will never stay in Hampton facilities again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank 920John
Reviewed October 20, 2012

One night stay for shopping trip. In a nutshell:
The Good: Clean spacious room, good breakfast with lots of choices, great friendly staff, welcome snack (water & Doritos), nice flat screen tv, great location close to border & all shopping... The not so good: washroom a bit shoddy with paint peeling & poor patch jobs, sheets too small for bed came off in corners, area is currently a mess with construction (don't forget your GPS). Overall i would say this is a nice safe place to stay if crossing over for a night or two from Canada to shop... don't hesitate to book here.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2012

A short stay that went without a hitch. The property seemed fresh and updated. Service and amenities are what I have come to expect from the Hampton and Hilton properties. Having a little welcome treat as a Hilton Honors member is a nice touch that not all the properties provide.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple