All reviews play area renovated room next morning the breakfast area big room new carpet bed was comfortable front desk staff niagara falls parking lot wonderful hotel continental breakfast hockey tournament staff was very friendly and helpful bridge canada border
Selected filters
Reviewed June 18, 2018

The hotel had a good continental breakfast. The front desk staff was polite and very helpful. Even though the hotel was under construction, it didn't cause any problems or disturbances. The only issue we had was that the beds were too hard.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Monika H, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2018

Hello Heather,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I am pleased to hear the renovations did not greatly impact you and your stay. We will take your assessment of our beds. We appreciate your feedback very much, and it will come in handy in the future. We hope to see you again in the future, to show you the completed look for our facelift of the hotel.

Safe travels!

Reviewed June 18, 2018

I had to go to Port Huron, Michigan for a memorial service on Saturday. We arrived around midnight Friday. As the glass doors parted, there was a hand-written sign which read: "Please pardon our dust...we are currently under renovation" Uh oh. Well...it's too late to change anything at this point. A very nice (very tattooed) man greeted us. He found our key and our file. He asked me to confirm my credit card information, which I could not, as none of my cards ended in 0000. The issue was that their computer systems were down. I assured him that as I was staying 2 nights, that I would settle my score with the morning crew. He agreed and handed me a keycard envelope that stated Room 219. He hesitated for a moment...and said, "This may be a mistake. I don't think we are using rooms on the second floor. This probably is supposed to be 319.
So away we went. As we stepped into the elevator, the button for the second floor was covered with blue masking tape and over it a sign read: "Second Floor closed due to construction." So we proceeded to the third floor and tried our keys on room 319. No go. (I still wonder if anyone was using that room.) I trudged back to the first floor and advised the desk clerk. Well...now we have another issue. He can not assign us another room because without the computer...he has no idea which rooms are clean and which are not. He eventually calls his manager...who assigns us to room 324. Yay.
Once settled...it was time for some ice. I walked the length of the hallway and there was no ice machine. Once again...back to the first floor. I waited until he was done checking in another adventurous soul as he saw me standing with the ice bucket. "Oh...there's an ice machine right over there next to the elevators." Great. But...there was a sign on the ice machine. "We're sorry, but this ice machine is broken. Please use the ice maker on the SECOND FLOOR." Seriously!
On the positive side, there was plenty of lighted parking, and the room was satisfactory. But I believe it would have been better to post that the place was under renovation, rather than we find out at midnight on a Friday night. Deceptive? Not sure. Negligent? Absolutely.

Room tip: Do your homework. Call them before booking.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Hello Crashvic,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It is true we are under renovation for a facelift of our public areas and second floor (both projects: guest room bathrooms and hall carpeting has been completed as of today). We dropped the ball with the ice machines being moved about for new tile on both levels, communication is key. When it comes to the computer system, I wish I had more control over this issue. This is not an isolated incident as of late, and we are just as frustrated. No matter how much we prepare, a system outage is detrimental to our guests and I am deeply sorry you experienced such a terrible stay.

We meet weekly to discuss our guests' reviews and comments. We will be addressing all of the concerns you mentioned. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Reviewed January 14, 2018 via mobile

We were here for a hockey tournament and although the front desk and management were good to deal with , our room and many of the other families rooms were not cleaned for the three days we stayed. We were gone 6-8 hrs everyday for hockey games.

Date of stay: January 2018
Reviewed January 6, 2018 via mobile

Our misfortune to have an appointment for a NEXXUS interview early Saturday morning and needing to stay the night Friday. Hotel was okay, and to be fair, it seemed all decent Port Huron hotels were doing it, but we had to pay just about twice their normal night rate, raised to grab dough from the youth hockey teams and families in the area for a tourney. I’ve paid less for a night in a Kaanapali Beach hotel on Maui. I think this practice stinks. Smacks of illegal event ticket gouging. I’ll stay in Sarnia next time.

Date of stay: January 2018
Reviewed January 3, 2018 via mobile

I enjoyed our stay at this hotel. It has a king sized bed and was comfortable. When we checked in, my husband asked the reception if it has a microwave oven and it has! It has a sofa and and it was big room. The bathroom was clean and sparkly! I like that the sink/vanity is outside the bathroom, which is better for husband and wife occupants in my opinion. It also has complimentary breakfast which my husband enjoyed. It was quiet compared to the first hotel we stayed at during our travel to Chicago. Definitely worth to visit again! Moreover, they had a good deal price wise!

Date of stay: December 2017