“great stay and staff”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Port Huron
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I have now stayed here on three occasions in the past 14 months. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The front desk staff is nice--Joe has been working every time I've stayed and has always been very friendly and knowledgeable. The breakfast attendent was very efficient and friendly.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank TCEcono
gmmi370, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback.

At the Quality Inn & Suites we really try to keep it simple and react to our guest's needs.

I would like to think that most people in our industry are in it because they like it. And that is due in large measure, to the opportunity to meet wonderful people - every day. Most of us like to see a guest smile and think that, 'I may have had something to do with that.'

The Quality Inn & Suites is no different. We all want to think we added something of value to our guest's stay. Maybe just a smile. Maybe something more. It makes our jobs worthwhile. And doesn't that make everybody happier?

Happy New Year

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed her for a "girls" shopping weekend.
Te check in was quick and very friendly. The room was clean and nice. Disappointed that there was no fridge or microwave.
The breakfast was wonderful both mornings. The pool could ave been a little cleaner, but there was also a hockey tournament.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Sunfind
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My wife and I like to shop occasionally in Port Huron. The Quality Inn there is located just over the bridge on the US side. The rooms are spotlessly clean and there is nice indoor pool with a play area for kids. The price includes an excellent continental breakfast which includes waffles,scrambled eggs, cereal, yogurt, bacon etc. The staff is really friendly and helpful. The nicest surprize is the price ... well under a hundred bucks a night. The location is very handy to the Birchwood Mall and the other big stores. In Port Huron, we would never even consider staying anyplace else.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side have an excellent view of the parking lot. Although we have never had a prob...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Bill B
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I did not stay at the Quality Inn in Port Hope. I left my Ipad Charger in North Dakota at the Comfort Inn and they shipped it to the Quality Inn in Port Huron which is near where we live in Canada. I was unable to pick it up for almost a week but there were three people at the Port Huron Quality Inn that made sure I got my property back. They were; Alexis who emailed me that it had arrived and Lee and Jack who took the time to find it when I went to pick it up. Thank you to all.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank William062
Reviewed September 15, 2012

These rooms need some updating, towels are very 'scratchy'. The bed was not properly made, but I was in my pjs and ready to crawl in before I saw it. My husband was already asleep in the other bed (he has Parkinsons), so it was too late to call housekeeping. There was a sheet missing on my bed, so the 'blanket' was next to my body rather than a sheet. I double checked to see if I had just missed it, but there was only the 'fitted' sheet on the bottom. The other bed had the blanket sandwiched between 2 sheets, which I think is the way my bed was supposed to be so that only the clean sheets are against you. The breakfast area and food is very nice, and the lady on duty there was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Don't get a room with an 'adjoining' door to the next room as they're not very sound...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2012

i really dislike motels (doors to rooms on outside), so this was a pleasant suprise to see a quality inn indoors. the staff was nice and the rooms where really great. i was worried at first because of the area, but it turned out safer then another hotel. the ac kicked on and wasnt too loud, and the water was hot. the beds werent too bad, but the pillows needed some work to get used too (too mushy for me). the breakfast was great so that is a plus. might be the only quality inn that i give 5star rating to. i would stay here again, thats for sure. A-rating just because of the pillow issue(5 of them and not one felt good, it happens) i stayed here in april 2011

Room Tip: really nice and safe
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank smokie3883
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Open and clean appearing. Rooms were clean and fresh. Beds comfortable, linens/towels very nice. Back off, but in view of the main and busy roads ...you can't hear a sound when inside the hotel/rooms. The front desk staff was very helpful. We got in a little earlier than the '3pm check-in' time and were greatful for that, having mcycle luggage to unload. Seems odd to me that check-in is 3pm and check-out is 11am ...would think you'd have the room for a full 24hrs. Breakfast was in a nice, bright room with the usual waffles/yogurt/biscuits and gravy far. Lots of local tourist info brochures available.

Room Tip: Don't be tempted to walk to the 'duty free' shop next door ...must drive, then must cont...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends