“Clean/newer feeling. Next to the big Blue Water Bridge to CAN.”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Port Huron
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Open and clean appearing. Rooms were clean and fresh. Beds comfortable, linens/towels very nice. Back off, but in view of the main and busy roads ...you can't hear a sound when inside the hotel/rooms. The front desk staff was very helpful. We got in a little earlier than the '3pm check-in' time and were greatful for that, having mcycle luggage to unload. Seems odd to me that check-in is 3pm and check-out is 11am ...would think you'd have the room for a full 24hrs. Breakfast was in a nice, bright room with the usual waffles/yogurt/biscuits and gravy far. Lots of local tourist info brochures available.

Room Tip: Don't be tempted to walk to the 'duty free' shop next door ...must drive, then must cont...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Very clean hotel with one of the most accomodating staff I have ever seen. My kids enjoyed the huge play area in the pool area and the game room. We stayed in a family room that had bunkbeds for the kids with a playstation and we had our own tv to watch while the played their games. Staff all very pleasant and always kept the place very clean. Can't wait to come back for our next stay

Room Tip: Room 104 is the family room
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank oilerss
Reviewed July 22, 2012

My husband and I have stayed there 5 or 6 times over the past 7 years, 3 times since late April 2012. We used to come periodically to visit my husband´s late brother (who lived in Port Huron) and, most recently, for his memorial service, and estate related matters. I guess you could say it´s a bit like home.

Location-wise, it couldn´t be better, located within visual range of the bridge from Canada (look to your right as you enter the US). To go back into Canada it is equally easy. Duty free is within view. One tip. If you are going on to Flint, ask how to get on the correct highway. There is current construction so it isn´t obvious.

Facility-wise, the Quality Inn has a truly beautiful indoor pool--best I´ve seen in a hotel of this type. Large enough to swim laps in, but with an indoor and outdoor seating area which makes it feel resort-like. There is a nice hot tub in the corner, a kid´s play area and a well-equipped fitness room adjacent.

The front desk staff are very helpful and try to please as best they can. Internet is (free of course) works well and the breakfast is just fine.

Not all rooms have microwaves and fridges, but you can request them if needed.

When we asked for recommendations from my brother-in-law´s brother-in-law who is a native Port Huronian, the Quality Inn was recommended as the best place to stay in Port Huron. All our group stayed there and got a very generous bereavement rate (ask about it if it applies). No one had any complaints.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2012

i WAS CHARGED 150.00 because housekeeping "claimed" there was smoking in my room. I am not a smoker.I was falsely accused of something i did not do. I contacted the Guest Relations for Quality Inn and Suites and the General Manager of this facility. I have not been given the courtesy of a response. I am inclined to think that there is a money pocketing scam between housekeeping and the managers.BEWARE!!!!!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank 20Kismet12
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Approximately 30 seconds after I checked into a stinky room that smelled like someones pets, I had a knock at the door. When my wife opened the door, a women identifying herself as housekeeping barged by my wife and another women with a dog came in the room. The other women would not identify herself. The dog jumped on me twice while I was trying to call down to the front desk. The dog sniffed our luggage and the rest of the room and found nothing. This experience was extremely intimidating and aggressive. Since I had occupied this room, I would consider this an illegal search.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Kimmys639
Reviewed June 28, 2012

This is a great hotel. I stayed here one night, the hotel is peaceful, parking is free, reasonably priced, wifi works great. I'd definitely stay here again. Staff is super kind.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 27, 2012

We stayed here after a long day driving across New York and Ontario. The hotel is located right off the first exit after crossing the Blue Waters Bridge and has a few restaurants (mostly fast food from what we found) nearby. We were checked in quickly by a very friendly and efficient front desk clerk. The room was clean and comfortable, even if not brand new. The wireless internet worked fine. In the morning, the breakfast area was large enough and well-organized and featured a few hot items in addition to the usual toast, cereal, fruit, etc. My main complaint about our stay was that they were out of orange juice, but I assume that doesn't happen much. We didn't use the pool, but our young daughter very much enjoyed the indoor "play yard" also located in the pool area. Our checkout was equally efficient. We would definitely stay again if we need a place for a night in Port Huron.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family