“Awesome experience!”

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Port Huron
Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
“Awesome experience!”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

We have stayed at several hotels in Port Huron, MI over the past 6 years and staying at the Quality Inn was the best experience we have had. The staff was very friendly and accomdating, easy access to border crossing/shopping, and great ammenities. We are staying her again in the next couple of week and will continue to do so for future trips. The hotel is located away from major construction also, unlike other hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Hotel respects guests need for peace and quiet!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Ontario
Reviewed June 11, 2012

My GPS showed this to be Holiday Inn... when I called on my cell phone to reserve a room, I did not catch onto "Quality Inn" - Holiday Inn/Quality Inn = Sound alike. tried to give my Priority Club number, the desk clerk stated he could not bring my info up, so I reserved it with a credit card.
Unfortunately, since I made the reservation after 6pm, I could not cancel it.
Mr Joe at the desk, should have clarified what hotel I was trying to book, especially as the Privileges Card for the Quality starts with letters and then 7 numbers, and the card I was giving him had 9 number digits, also when I stated that my credit card was on file, and he denied it ...
Upon arrival I felt deceived ... I was told that they had been a Holiday Inn 2 years ago!!!
Breakfast was not to my liking, the room was very noisy when we opened the window for fresh air, so instead had to put up with the noisy airconditioner.

Room Tip: Sound alike: Holiday Inn/Quality Inn - double check the name Rooms on the south side are very noisy...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank br_luv2travl
New England
Reviewed May 5, 2012

We stayed at the Quality Inn on our way to Michigan. At 1:00am in the morning and after sitting 10 hours in a car, we were desperately in need in a place to stay. We were planning on finding a spot in Canada along the QEW highway, but amazingly there were very few choices. Kept thinking a sign would appear on highway indicating some hotel, but none did. When we got back into US at Port Huron the Quality Inn was the closest spot. Do not be put off by the location and not so pretty nature of the area. The hotel staff was very welcoming at 1:00am, our room was very clean, bathroom spotless, and bed very comfortable. This is nothing fancy-$81.00 was the cost, but we had a good night sleep and woke up ready to drive. A very nice breakfast was included also in the price.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 4travelers_2
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I've stayed here when in Port Huron for business and with family and have never been disappointed. Some of the other area hotels are lacking in service and can feel a bit "old" as if the owners don't really care. This one seems like management is very involved. They have been responsive and helpful. It used to be a Holiday Inn Express, so seems a bit nicer than other Quality Suites where I have stayed.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
kitchener
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Weekend was outstanding treated well and because of inconvenience on a previous stay, we were upgraded to a suite

Room Tip: Upgrade to a king size rooms are roomy and very clean
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed February 9, 2012

they had a wine/beer/pizza appetizer happy hour when i arrived and a breakfast with good choices in the morning. quiet despite location near the bridge. good sized room with space to exercise. my only complaint is the wifi was too weak to make use of.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Port Huron, Michigan
Reviewed February 2, 2012

I reserved a room for family members last summer ,and it was an okay for experience for them. However, last week I called them again because I had family members coming in town over the weekend for my daughters one year birthday. I reserved the room and instructed the associate that my card, which was on file already, was NOT to be run, and they were paying for the room themselves. He took the info and never informed me of a 30-day "special event" cancellation policy. Obviously, if he had, I would never have booked the room for such a ridiculous thing when I couldn't be assured they would make it from out-of-state within the same week. Then, come saturday morning, on their way here they got an alert of a cheaper hotel room at another local hotel. I proceeded to call Quality and cancel my reservation. The attendant said ok and never informed me that I would get charged a 165 bill because of their new 30 day cancellation policy that wasn't told to me or listed on their website. I got charged on the following tuesday. After not receiving a conformation or cancellation number, the management is completely refusing to speak to us and trying to claim they won't give our money back

Room Tip: Don't book one
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family