“Nice night away”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Port Huron
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Port Huron
Reviewed May 24, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the hotel and had a date night. We enjoyed a fabulous supper at the restaurant while watching the boats on the water, had a nice walk along the water after and finally a swim/hot tub before turning in for the night. Had a great night sleep, the beds are very comfortable. Will come again for sure.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Marcy M
Amber B, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Port Huron, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Thank you for staying at the DoubleTree by Hilton – Port Huron! We are glad to hear that you had an amazing date night. Freighters does have a great view of the water, and you can even see Freighters passing by. Also, the boardwalk is a very nice place to walk after dinner! We hope to welcome you back on your next date night.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

Each spring, my husband and I along ,with our best friends plan a weekend away. The men golf and we shop. The last few years we have gone to Buffalo, N. Y. and Erie, Pa due to the great accommodations and prices. We have always stayed away from Port Huron because we could not find an appealing hotel. I was pleasantly surprised when I found such positive reviews on this property. The rooms are clean and well appointed and we even got a river view. The warm cookie on arrival was a very nice touch also. We ate both nights at the restaurant on site called Freighters. Excellent service (especially by Ty) and a well priced and extensive menu. Overall the four of us were very pleased with our stay and plan to return again.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank elainenor23

Thank you for staying at the DoubleTree by Hilton – Port Huron! We are glad that you decided to come to Port Huron this year. There are many golf courses around and lots of shopping places close by. The food at Freighters is amazing, but it is the service that will make you come back. We will be sure to give Ty the recognition that he deserves. We hope to welcome you back with warm DoubleTree cookies.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

My wife and myself celebrated our 30th anniversary while we where at Double Tree. We had such a great view of the two bridges at Port Huron. We also where treated with several ships passing by so close we thought we could take to the deck hands on the ship. We also where surprised by the ships blowing there whistle. On the second morning we sleep in because of the comfortable bed. We where awaken peacefully by a ships whistle. This is worth sever more stays when we are in the area. Very clean and hospital.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Ronald H

Congratulations on your 30th Wedding Anniversary! Thank you for staying at the DoubleTree by Hilton – Port Huron. The view from the hotel rooms is fantastic and very relaxing. We are glad to hear that you had a wonderful time, and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

My wife and myself stayed for two nights. We where welcomed at the front desk with a very helpful lady. Our room was facing the Blue Water Bridges. We where greeted during iur stay with several ships. Some times they would blow there whisle. Our room staff where very helpful also when thhe next morning my wife ask for more coffie packets. We had a choice of brewing 1 or 2 cups of great coffee from our coffee maker. The. Bed was so very compfortable we sleeped in longer the first day. The gym and pool area where kept very clean as the hallways also. We highly agree that this is the hotel to stay at. Our only problem was we only had time to stay two nights.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ron H
Amber B, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Port Huron, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review of the DoubleTree by Hilton – Port Huron and for staying at the property. We are excited to hear that we had caring staff members that were able to assist you. The beds are called Sweet Dream beds, and they give guest a wonderful night of sleep. We hope that the next time that you stay here you can stay for a long weekend!

Reviewed May 18, 2014

Recently visited Port Huron, a city we had driven through a few times, but had never spent any time there. Heard about this hotel from a friend who recommended we stay there because it is right on the water and you can sit in your room and watch freighters go by. Really enjoyed our stay.....staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Room was nice, clean, with a great view and small balcony. Everything was updated, however I think they went a little cheap on the bathroom updates....not a big deal, but just something I noticed. Just had appetizers and drinks at the restaurant....staff very friendly and good service. Would like to try dinner there sometime. I would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Water view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review of the DoubleTree by Hilton – Port Huron. We are glad that your friend recommended coming to the DoubleTree by Hilton – Port Huron! We have a great location with being right on the water. Plus, you might even see a freighter pass by! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed May 18, 2014

Good ,clean rooms, nice pool area, a little more pricey then some with breakfast included ,convenient for shopping, did not have room keys upon check-in but staff took us to our rooms 3 x Would be nice weather permitting to sit on the balcony

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for staying at the DoubleTree by Hilton – Port Huron. We appreciate your feedback and the acknowledgement of our clean hotel. For the month of April we were 5th out of 296 DoubleTree properties in the world for cleanliness. Our staff takes great pride in making sure that our property is beautiful for our guests. We are very sorry that you did not have room keys. Our system had crashed and we were unable to check anyone in, answer the phone, or make keys. I understand that it was frustrating that we had to take you to your room. We did the best that we could given the circumstance that we were in. We hope that the next time that you are in Port Huron you will come stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton – Port Huron.

Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

We just drove in from NY thru Canada. ..I was excited to find a hotel right on the lake under the Blue Water Bridge.....well I did not expect to get punished when I got there because I shopped for my room on hotwire!!! I checked in and felt like I was being sent to the back of the bus!!! We requested a room facing the river and we were told "No" because we got a deal online!!! Wow....really??? I spoke to management and was told that the rooms facing the lake are $20 more....I offered to pay for that upgrade and she told me emphatically "NO" since I purchased my room on Hotwire I had to stay in the room I was assigned!!!!!! I have never heard of this...especially to be denied the opportunity to pay for an upgrade. Hilton Doubletree hello and good bye...no more business will you get from me.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CherylnDwayne
Amber B, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Port Huron, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We are very sorry that the guestroom did not meet your expectations. The rooms that are sold on Hotwire are our standard rooms, which are classified as not having a water view. We would have upgraded you into a water view room but we did not have one available because we were sold out of water view rooms for the weekend. We try to personalize each guest experience but occasionally we can’t meet every room request. Once again, we’re sorry for the inconvenience and we will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. We hope that the next time you travel to the area you’ll stay with us again.