We were warmly greeted at check in with a smile and also with a couple of very good Chocolate Chip Cookies that were also warm. This was our first time staying here since the Hilton family bought and renovated this property. This Hotel has had
extensive renovations including beautiful marble flooring along with the attached Freighters Restaurant. Our Suite was very clean and large with a wonderful view
of the Bridge and the Saint Clair River. The Bed and Linens were extremely soft and comfortable. When I had made my reservation I mentioned that it was our Anniversary. I'm not sure if the robes and slippers in the closet were due to that or if they come in every Suite. We certainly enjoyed them either way. We went down and took a swim and also enjoyed the whirl pool. The pool is clean and much larger
then your normal Hotel pool. There were plenty of pool towels available for our swim. There is also a nice size gym if you would like to work out. Now onto the
Restaurant. We went down for an early sank and thoroughly enjoyed there specialty creamy Mushroom Soup and a couple of Salads,both were very good.
We came back for Dinner and both had some of the best White Fish we have ever had, and we have had a lot of White Fish in our day. I would suggest making reservations on the weekends as they were very busy on Saturday night.
The staff at both the Hotel and the Restaurant were very friendly and professional.
I believe that is sign of a good Management team. If the staff is courteous and friendly then the people they work for tend to be of the same manner.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and are looking forward to return visits.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Port Huron and you can enjoy spacious accommodations, modern amenities and a friendly welcome. We will even greet you with our delicious fresh-baked cookie upon arrival. Centrally located in Port Huron, Michigan, minutes from St. Clair County International Airport, this modern hotel is close to a number of Port Huron businesses including Domtar Paper Mill, Mueller Industries, Henkel and many companies related to the automobile industry. Enjoy easy access to Port Huron’s historic downtown area, with its specialty shops and waterfront eateries, the boardwalk and marina and the McMorran Place Sports & Entertainment Center.Each of the spacious guest rooms and suites at this Port Huron hotel feature modern amenities including; a 37-inch HDTV, a spacious work area, a microwave and mini-refrigerator, a comfortable Sweet Dreams bed, remote printing service and complimentary WiFi. Some guest rooms have balconies offering breathtaking views of The Blue Water Bridge and the St. Clair River. Wake up to a cooked-to-order breakfast every morning and enjoy classic American dishes in our relaxed hotel restaurant, Freighters. Maintain your exercise regime in the complimentary fitness center. Host a successful business or social event at this Port Huron, MI hotel with a variety flexible meeting spaces, including two spacious ballrooms, all offering complimentary WiFi and stay connected in the complimentary 24-hour business center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotel.de, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Port Huron reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thomas Edison Hotel Port Huron
- Thomas Edison Port Huron
- Thomas Edison Inn Port Huron Mi