When we arrived, there was no one at the registration desk - truthfully, not a big deal, because someone showed up within a few minutes, but kind of odd at what appears to be a large hotel.
We really liked our room - it was quiet and the beds were really comfortable, and we had a nice view of the river running by. There was a coffee splatter on the wall that the maids had missed, but again not a big deal.
We had the "bed and breakfast" package, which included a breakfast buffet, so we went down to the restaurant in the morning. Bizarrely, there wasn't anyone to greet us in the restaurant, and after waiting a bit, I had to peek into the kitchen to find someone to actually seat us. Apparently, according to the waitress, I was supposed to have somehow magically known that we were to seat ourselves, and then trust that she would later come out of hiding and serve us. Right. Whatever. Unfortunately, the hot breakfast buffet was mostly overcooked, and only marginally better than a cold breakfast would have been. Totally not worth the extra money at all.
My daughter was really excited to use the pool, and we did. They have a nice pool facility, but for some reason the pool was filled up with twenty women doing some sort of fitness class. They were nice enough about it, but we wound up relegated to one corner of the pool while the main section was used by the class. I guess that's the chance one take when sharing a public hotel pool, but I normally expect the pool to be used by hotel guests, and not some outside class (I mean, I suppose they all could have been hotel guests, but it seems unlikely).
So, I guess I'd try this place again, despite the misses here, because we really did like our room. Still there are lots of things that could be improved.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Port Huron and you can enjoy spacious accommodations, modern amenities and a friendly welcome. We will even greet you with our delicious fresh-baked cookie upon arrival. Centrally located in Port Huron, Michigan, minutes from St. Clair County International Airport, this modern hotel is close to a number of Port Huron businesses including Domtar Paper Mill, Mueller Industries, Henkel and many companies related to the automobile industry. Enjoy easy access to Port Huron’s historic downtown area, with its specialty shops and waterfront eateries, the boardwalk and marina and the McMorran Place Sports & Entertainment Center.Each of the spacious guest rooms and suites at this Port Huron hotel feature modern amenities including; a 37-inch HDTV, a spacious work area, a microwave and mini-refrigerator, a comfortable Sweet Dreams bed, remote printing service and complimentary WiFi. Some guest rooms have balconies offering breathtaking views of The Blue Water Bridge and the St. Clair River. Wake up to a cooked-to-order breakfast every morning and enjoy classic American dishes in our relaxed hotel restaurant, Freighters. Maintain your exercise regime in the complimentary fitness center. Host a successful business or social event at this Port Huron, MI hotel with a variety flexible meeting spaces, including two spacious ballrooms, all offering complimentary WiFi and stay connected in the complimentary 24-hour business center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, TravelUp, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Port Huron reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thomas Edison Hotel Port Huron
- Thomas Edison Port Huron
- Thomas Edison Inn Port Huron Mi