“Never again!”

Days Inn Port Huron
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Port Huron
Reviewed February 8, 2009

We booked this room for three days during their annual Cruise Night, but left early even though we would lose our money. The room was dirty, smelled old and musty. The sheets and pillow cases had hair all over. The housekeeper blamed it on another girl. There weren't enough towels, and the ones we did have were small. I went over to the front desk to ask for more towels as we wanted to use the pool. There were several girls standing there yapping and they all looked at me like I was crazy to ask for such a thing. One girl made me sign some kind of form that stated we had extra towels. Out side the door to our room was lots of rocks, like for a flower garden. Our room was in the back of hotel, and located off a side street. Late at night, a vehicle backed up to our door, and several "undesirable looking guys" jumped out and started loading rocks, telling each other to "hurry up". Heaven only knows what they were going to do with those rocks. We will never stay here again and don't advise anyone to stay here!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Starrynight54

Reviewed April 3, 2008

We booked 2 rooms, a suite and another double room across the hall and the suite bathroom had a very leaky shower which lead to a very serious mold problem in the shower area. The rest of the suite was not too bad, but the bedspreads were in DESPERATE need of laundering. We stripped them off the beds and put them in the corner.
The double room we thought was in much better shape until we pulled back the sheets to get into bed. I am not kidding when I say it looked like someone had taken a pair of scissors to their pubic hair on the sheets.............It was absolutely disgusting. My husband called the front desk and the girl just said, I'm sorry.........He went and got clean sheets as I did not want them changing the bedding, I did it myself. Totally appauling.
The kids wanted to go swimming and we went down to the pool area and the spa/hot tub had a scum/film floating in it, so we decided to skip that area all together.

This hotel either needs to get their business together, or close it's doors. I would NOT recommend anyone stay there. When we were checking out, I observed the cleaning staff and it's no wonder the place looks the way it does. I think the entire cleaning staff is under the age of 19.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank boogsy72
Reviewed March 18, 2008

I was in town on business. I had to pay $69 for a single. Not worth it. When I asked, why so high for a single, front desk guy said there were only three rooms left, take it or leave it. No discounts, no business rate, nothing.

At that point there were only 3 cars in the parking lot. When I got back from work on Friday night, there were 6 cars in the parking lot (around 10pm). When I go up at 5am, the next morning, there were still only 6 cars in the parking lot. I guess, since this hotel has about 40 rooms, all the guest came--10 or 12 in a car--crammed into those 5 cars (since one was mine). There was no way this hotel was full. This is a $42 hotel room--tops. It is not worth $69.

1  Thank supplies
Reviewed January 13, 2008

I read the reviews before I came to this establishment. I thought maybe the reviews were just exaggerated accounts. I could have never been so wrong. When my girlfriend booked the room the gal she spoke to was extremely helpful, Tara I think was her name. When we got there , a completely different story. The girl on the desk , I think was the manager Rhonda. Was very rude and sharp with us. We were a little put off with the attitude we had encountered but when we got to the room it got worse. The room had an odor, the tub had obviously not been cleaned. There were stains on the sheets, and to make matters worse their were mouse droppings in the drawers of the dresser. It was the worst hotel I have ever been to. Needless to say we didn't stay. I would recomend to anyone who reads this DO NOT STAY THERE

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CharlesSumner
Reviewed November 7, 2007

Seriously wish I had read these reviews first. So dirty!! No housekeeping. Asked for an extra pillow that never arrived. 2 women were given a room all the way around the back and were told that there were no others. The desk staff was nice. There was a party there out on the balcony in the early hours and a suspicious pick up truck with Tennessee plates on it with 2 guys in playing hick music all day.

Stayed: August 2007
2  Thank payingitforward1
Reviewed September 13, 2007

I actually joined trip advisor after seeing many negative reviews of basically every place I ever stayed. What's up with that? This particular hotel however, is almost universally dissed. I even saw the reviews before booking the room, but that didn't deter me. I had a spacious room, adequately clean, and a very good value for the Port Huron area. A couple minor complaints, I need to procure a screwdriver from the front desk to fix the bathroom doorknob, and the fridge smelled pretty bad. But I wasn't expecting a Fridge anyways, and was only staying for one night. Continental breakfast was adequate, and there's a high speed internet terminal in the lobby, which I always appreciate when traveling.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DirtFan
Reviewed August 28, 2007

This is a horrible hotel. I booked our room online. I checked into the hotel and then went to a friends house and did not take our luggage to the room, about and hour later my husband and our friend took the luggage to the room to find that it was a smoking room, which we did not ask for ( my husband and I both have allergies and we have a 6 month old son) when my husband asked if we could get another room we were told that there were no other rooms available. Because we had already checked in and our son so exhausted and we needed to sleep, we stayed. The room was gross and I shudder to think of what was in the room before us. The worst part is that the other day we found out that they charged us an additional 50.00 and there is no explaination for it. My husband called immediately and they have given us the go around and are now debating on whether or not they will be refunding us for all of the charges that occured. The bottom line is..... DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family