“Can't beleive it has the Days Inn Name”

Days Inn Port Huron
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Port Huron
Reviewed August 1, 2012

OMG what a disappointment.
The outside of the hotel is a disgrace.
Cigarette butts , litter, bird feces from railings and cobwebs loaded with bugs on the overhang of the top floor.!!!!!!!
Very nice looking pool . The rooms overlooking pool (lower floor seemed to be cleaner()outside.
When we arrived had second thoughts of staying the night.
We would have returned home if my husband had felt in better health.

The room was semi clean ~ if you looked carefully behind nightstands /desk any furnishing dust Galore. Not good for allergies.

Bathroom very clean ,Bonus also no bed bugs thank goodness.

The wall behind nightstand had a split drink of some sort left to dry streaking the wall .

Reasonable price didn't expect the Hilton , did expected it to be cleaner .
If the outside of your business is in such dis-repair what will the inside have in store????

Free breakfast not worth the walk to office.

Would not return or reccomend .
Days Inn You have really lowered your standards.

Room Tip: Don't stay in 224
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Windsorbordercity

Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed here during the Blue Water Festival. It was not as bad as I had thought after reading these terrifying reviews. It was a decent room that was fine to spend 8 hours to sleep in. The outside hotel was so run down though. I don't know how they could not care enough to fix some simple things. It was a few minutes drive to downtown Port Huron where all the action was and also close to the Mall and lots of restaurants. For $50 I was ok (especially since we brought our own sheets and bedding!). The lady at the front desk in the morning was wonderful and helpful. The other girls in the afternoon had horrible customer service and just smoked outside until a guest would check in. The hotel rooms are cleaned with the door completely wide open so bugs have the chance to get in there, you would think they'd keep the door shut while the houskeeper cleans! Luckily we only saw one bug in our room during our stay. The good thing about this place was that we didn't hear any noise from either neighbors and it was a packed house that night.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I've stayed at this place several times within the last few months. I don't feel I was cheated in any way. It's no romantic getaway, but I've stayed at other hotels at this price and they were terrible in comparison. Here I've had a clean room, comfortable bed, and great staff every time. What more could you ask for at this price?

Room Tip: Only certain types of rooms have refrigerator and microwave.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Lonnie77
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Stayed 9/10 and 9/11/11. Room was crowded and had extension cords and adapters plugged into every outlet to handle the lights, tv and refrigerator. Mattress was terrible. It was lumpy and had a "ditch" in the middle that you rolled into as soon as you would lay down. Scratched my leg on a spring that was sticking out of the side of the mattress. Bathroom was dirty and there was so much furniture in the room it felt like we were staying in a storage room. Staff was helpful in finding area info I needed, which was the only thing that kept this from getting a rating of "Terrible." When the comment card was handed in, the desk person was surprised at the list of problems, but we were never contacted by the manager. Contacted Days Inn corporate offices to advise them of the problems in this facility, and they simply said to wait for the manager to contact us. Only reason we stayed was because there wasn't anyplace else nearby. Port Huron really needs to work on getting some decent motels for the family budget.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2011

Apparently Days Inn has no standards for putting their brand name on a building with rooms for rent.

This place is outdated and the room smelled like it had mold in it.

But the real kicker was that when I checked in I specifically asked about Internet IN THE ROOM. I was assured that there was access and was given a password. When I got in the room, I tried to connect to the internet without success. The access points/routers were accessible, but here was no internet connectivity on the connection.

A trip to the front desk yielded a "I can connect with my laptop, try it again." When I was again unsuccessful, I was told "I don't know what to tell you."

I left and went to the Quality Inn down the street (much cleaner, friendlier and they had a WONDERFUL Full Breakfast in the morning.

In the morning I stopped back and spoke with the manager, Rhonda Perry. She was one of the most UNPLEASANT and RUDE people I have ever met in all the traveling I have done.

I was informed that I should have called "tech support" with my problem. When I asked why I would need to do that (and not the night clerk) she became even more nasty and started calling me SIR. She pointed out that the Tech Support phone number was on the TV channel guide and I should have called them for assistance.

When I said that I asked the night clerk for assistance, I was told it wasn't his problem (and I guess he didn't need to tell me to call tech support.

This place is a just a huge rip off. Better you should drive down to the city park under the Blue Water Bridge and sleep in your car. I will never stay at a Days Inn again as long as I live.

Room Tip: A room in another hotel or, if all are booked, you can park in the parking lot at the mall and sleep...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 31, 2011

I booked through Expedia, motel looked nice on line, said they were under new management. When we got there with my daughter, daughter in law and two children we went to our room we looked in the bathtub. There was hair in the bathtub, the tub was chipped and unclean. We told the desk, they gave us another room around the corner and informed me that I would have to roll the roll away bed myself as the maintence guy was gone and she said he comes and goes. Didn't know when or if he'd be back. Really, roll my own bed that far? I laughed because I thought she was joking, but she didn't smile. We went to the next room to see how it was, it was cleaner but it didn't have the frig we requested. We looked at another room, non smoking room, but the guy in the next room (lots of construction workers there) was smoking sitting in his doorway in his non smoking room. We went back to the office, who moved us yet again to a place with a frig, but the room smelled terribly musty. We thought maybe we could buy air freshner or something. We had to leave to go out, As we were leaving I noticed all the long faces which I had taken them to Pt. Huron for a mini vacation and fun. My girls were being "checked out" by all the various men at the place and it was rather uncomfortable. We were late for a family dinner. Upon talking to local people/family who knew the area we were told this place was considered, "in the red zone", unsafe. It wasn't a surprise to me actually when you looked around. We felt it was not only nasty there but unsafe for my grandchildren. We spent most of our time moving from room to room. I had booked two nights. The office lady, eating popcorn, said she couldn't help us that if we wanted a refund it was up to Expedia. We called Expedia and they said that it wasn't true, it was up to the hotel management. Needless to say, we got no help, found the gal at the counter unwilling to help or even care, very rude. Expedia said they would only refund one night. I was at a loss of 80 dollars, all for nothing. Trust me, you wouldn't even want to stay here. No recommendation, no way!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2011

The rooms were disgusting! There was a dirty wash cloth hanging in the shower when we checked in. When we asked for more towels they told us we had to wait till the next day. There was only one ice machine in the WHOLE place. The surrounding areas looked like there could be dead bodies stashed there. the bed was hard as rock and suck in so bad in the middle. The worst part that sent me over the edge was I had to take an ice cold shower!! I would have expected this from this run down place for $50 a night but to have to pay $100 a night was absolutley ridiculous! I have plans to come back to PH next year and I definately will not be staying here!! One positive thing...we had an air conditioner that worked great! Could not say the same for other rooms our firends were staying in.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends