All reviews black river front desk water street would definitely stay here again breakfast was delicious bed and pillows beautiful hotel staff was friendly and helpful other hotels top floor yogurt the breakfast area room was clean and comfortable allison canada mirror furnishings
Selected filters
Reviewed October 29, 2018

We were originally booked into another hotel but found it was not up to our standards so we inquired about the booking a room here. This is a new hotel and it is very clean and quiet. The rooms are good sized and the bed comfortable. We had a great nights sleep and the breakfast area was bright and the food good.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Allison H, Guest Services Representative at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Huron, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2018

Thank you so much for your review! I am please to hear you enjoyed your stay at out hotel and were able to get a good nights sleep and enjoy breakfast! We do hope you will stay with us again if you're ever back in Port Huron!

Reviewed October 22, 2018

The hotel itself was modern and clean. We rented a suite for two nights. The bed and pillows were very comfortable and we slept well. The hotel was pleasantly quiet, too! The staff was helpful and breakfast was good! . No complaints, but nothing special, either. We were there celebrating our anniversary. I wish they would have offered any romance-type package like other hotels (champagne, chocolates, passes to some activity or vendor, flowers, etc) .. nothing is offered at all, per the front desk, when I called one week ahead of our stay).

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Allison H, Guest Services Representative at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Huron, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2018

Nancy,
Thank you so much for your review! I'm glad you were able to relax and sleep well and that you enjoyed breakfast. We appreciate your suggestion about having a romance package, we are always looking for ways to improve the guest experience and will definitely consider your idea. We hope you will stay with us again!

Reviewed October 1, 2018

Our assigned room in this hotel was clean, bright, and had nice updated furnishings. My wife & I really enjoyed the wide (5ft.) desk, and wide (5 ft.) luggage platform. The wall mounted wide (3 ft.) screen TV, and, futon with reading lamp, were very nice. Although the closet was modest in size, the wall next to the closet had four additional pegs and a hanger rail for hanging more items. It was nice that the minifridge and microwave were in a separate area from the sleeping room. There were MANY availiable electric an USB outlets.

The only downside to the room - alas, this is just about an industry standard - the room’s window was “sealed.” It would have been sooo nice to be able to let in fresh air that wafted across the marina along the Black River (just before it pours into the St. Clair River, just south of Lake Huron.)

Oh! One added bonus that can be enjoyed outdoors in that fresh river breeze... although my wife and I did not partake... there is a nice patio - and a Weber Grill - on the hotel property, overlooking the marina.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Allison H, Guest Services Representative at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Huron, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2018

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of out hotel!!! I am so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your room. It's always rewarding to hear when guests enjoy their stay! We hope you will stay with us again if you are ever back in Port Huron!

Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

With this being a fairly new hotel it was very clean and tidy with good sized rooms and comfy beds.

The only downsides would be limited toiletries in the room (cheap bars of soap to wash with and shampoo), only one washing machine and drier for the whole hotel and the pool was freezing cold.

Good location and comfortable.

Date of stay: August 2018
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Huron, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2018

Hi there, Nomadion!

Thanks for choosing us for your lodging needs and taking the time to share your thoughts. I'm glad that you found our location to be comfortable, and our rooms be neat and spacious. On the downside, I'm sorry you're disappointed with the limited toiletries and pool condition. I've shared your feedback with management and I'm confident that these areas will be addressed to serve our guests better.

I hope that you give us another try soon!

Best,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Stayed at Fairfield Inn Water Street, Port Huron it was the best accommodations in our 5 nights of travels. And most affordable too!! Super continental breakfast as well. Staff was friendly and helpful!!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Allison H, Guest Services Representative at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Huron, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! This is the page for the Holiday Inn Express on Water Street so you may want to go to the Fairfield Inn page to let them know how much you loved your stay! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay there and I know they will appreciate your nice comments as we always appreciate them ourselves!