“Very fine dining”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 11, 2011

A very pleasant 'find' in Port Huron. Went with small kids, which was a bit tricky given that it's not really suitable for families. But the food was very good.

Reviewed August 17, 2011

It's hard to choose what to order because everything is so very good. I go several times a year for lunch with a close friend for special occasions. Have had almost everything on a lunch menu, and clam chowder every time. It is truly wonderful. The staff is very professional yet friendly. My favorite place for a special meal.

Reviewed May 17, 2011

For the past year we have made it a point to stop for lunch at the Bistro 1882 whenever we are passing through Port Huron. Yesterday was our most recent visit and it was as good as always with four or five soup choices- much appreciated on a cold, raw day.
We are moving to Sarnia soon and we are looking forward to coming here for dinner as well as lunches through the summer.

1  Thank memphismickey
Reviewed May 16, 2011

Having recently enjoyed several visits to Bistro 1882 recently, I'd have to say that i don't recall having a better restaurant experience anywhere. The food and service were top notch including their beef, veal and seafood dishes. Contrary to another review, the mussels were delicious and generously portioned. Bourbon lovers will not be disappointed BTW,,, ;-)

1  Thank ahead1066
Reviewed February 17, 2011

We went for valentine's day dinner, the service was so bad, the food was even worse, the quality of ingredientes was terrible, we ordered for appetizers mussels and you coul not even see them, they wee so tiny & dry the cheapest you could ever buy we ordered scargot also and we were not impressed. For the main course my husband ordered filet mignon the meat was chewy and bland, I ordered paella and I could not believe that I got on my plate 2 shrimp, 2 scallops and lost of sausage and the taste was horrible

We are really upset and we would never recomend this place to anyone.

3  Thank faldhi127