“A terrible restaurant. Should not be in business.”
Review of Trio Port Huron

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Trio Port Huron
Ranked #54 of 89 Restaurants in Port Huron
Marine City, Michigan
“A terrible restaurant. Should not be in business.”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We were in Port Huron and decided to try Porto Cantina, which is one of the three restaurants that make up Trio. We arrived at 230pm which I thought was the reason we were the only people in the place. We were seated and the waiter asked if we wanted chips, they are not free, we said yes with guacamole and salsa. We also placed a drink order which consisted of a water with no ice and a Tecate. About 5 minutes later the waiter comes back, empty handed, and says they "can't make a tecate because they do not have any bitters". I was a bit shocked but explained that a Tecate is a Mexican beer and should be in a bottle or can. He left for the bar.

10 minutes later the bartender comes over and says they are out of Tecate. They are also out of Landshark, Dos Equis, Dos Equis dark...I stopped her and asked what beers they did have. She said they had Miller Lite and "some canadian beer". I asked if they had Budweiser. She said yes. I ordered a tall. Table is still empty.

It's been another ten minutes, table is still empty. Bartender comes back and says she can't pour a Bud Light because it's "too foamy". At this point I told her that this was just too painful to continue and we were leaving. As we got up the waiter was coming out of the kitchen with the chips. It had been half an hour and the water with no ice was never seen and a beer an impossibility. We did something I have never done in my over 50 years. We walked out never to return. This was the worst dining experience of my life. This restaurant should not be in business and probably won't be for long. If you are in Port Huron avoid this place like the plague, unless you want to sit in an empty restaurant, with no food or drink, and look at the nice view of the Black river.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank M M

Sarnia, Canada
“The atmosphere is lost - everything else is A-OK”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

The atmosphere of the old 1882 is lost but the service and the food is still AAA. May be a better scenery is a compensation.

Visited August 2013