“My favorite in Port Huron”
Review of Bangkok Star

Bangkok Star
Ranked #22 of 94 Restaurants in Port Huron
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Thai food is my favorite so this little gem is a must when I visit my sister in Michigan. We always have a lunch here - the food can't be equaled for quality, portions and taste. The prices are nice and low for what you get and my hope is this restaurant lasts forever.

2  Thank LoisAnnNeiss

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Bangkok Star is in a nondescript building off the main street. Don't look for any frills here. It has very little atmosphere. The restaurant is decorated with some well-worn thai items. The service is very conscientious and pleasant. Prices are quite low at lunchtime. The food is very tasty and authentically thai. We have never had a bad meal here. The portions are large enough to be filling. This is a real favourite of ours in Port Huron.

1  Thank vagabondoug
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Best Thai EVER!!! Looks like a hole-in-the-wall, but very nice staff and great food! Try the spring rolls, they are very fresh!

1  Thank HeatherWilk76
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Bangkok Star is the best Asian food I have had since moving to Port Huron. The service is good. I always get Basil when I order a dish with it; sometimes in Detroit area Thai restaurants that was not the case. Serving sizes are generous. I always take home half mine because I cannot eat it all. Like all Port Huron's restaurants, I suspect their business is suffering, but we have never had a "bad" meal at Bangkok Star.
Let's keep it going. Eat there more often. It is a good family run restaurant and deserves to stay on the scene. Since it is just on a side street from the main drag, anyone driving on Pine Grove will find it accessible. They have a convenient parking lot.

2  Thank Janeatriver
Reviewed September 8, 2011

As with another review, also greeted by a young man wearing shorts and a T-shirt. I was served Pepsi in a can, no straw, no glass of ice. Felt like a picnic. The food is overpriced for the quality of it and the condition of the establishment. I ordered Garlic and Pepper Chicken. It was more like chicken noodle soup without the noodle - just nasty. I have never walked out of a restaurant, but should have with this one.

1  Thank Louis H