“This restaurant is worth visiting”

Palms Krystal Bar & Grill
Ranked #6 of 86 Restaurants in Port Huron
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: In 1936 Beverly and Rubye Osborne were driving west from Oklahoma to California. They had no reason to be joyful. They were middle aged and the Depression had wiped out their savings. On this particular afternoon it seemed that everyone in the state was attempting to escape the famine of the Oklahoma dust bowl. With not much more than their meager belongings and a basket of fried chicken, Beverly Osborne coaxed his Ford pickup across the barren prairie. Suddenly, a bump in the rutted road scattered the chicken and basket. Picking it up, Rubye complained "this is really Chicken in the Rough®." With that chance remark, a fortune was born. Beverly turned his truck around and headed back home. A man who, on instinct, had made a modest fortune and lost it - Beverly reasoned that "fingers were made before forks" and that chicken could be a cheap source of food at a time when incomes were sparse. Beverly learned from his previous business experience and failures that every business must provide customer satisfaction by identifying customers' needs and how to satisfy those needs better than anyone else. Soon, with the money he had received from the sale of his wife's wedding ring, he had an operation serving fried chicken with shoestring potatoes, hot biscuits and honey. That was the delectable meal that started "Fast Food - Fried Chicken Franchising" - long before McDonald's or Kentucky Fried Chicken.
Fuengirola, Spain
“This restaurant is worth visiting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

I had a late lunch here yesterday, and I had pretty much the same food that I had the last time I was here. It was the baby back ribs, a cup of their great chicken noodle soup, and a dish of their perfect coleslaw. For dessert I had the bread pudding, which is absolutely delicious. The waitress that brought this great food to the table was, I believe, Amanda. This meal came to $16.00 and a bit of change, well worth the trip to Port Huron. If the weather is good I am sure to be back here next week. If you wish to call before going, you can reach them on 810-985-9838. Good Luck...

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank Robert7138

Marine City, Michigan
“Stay away from Hot Turkey Sanwiches”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

Was not fresh turkey - more like lunch meat and the gravy was too salty - We have been here before and will go back but stick with their specialty their Chicken, or hamburgers - The Turkey was not a repeater for us

Visited September 2013
2 Thank stewyvette
Michigan
“One of our very favorite places”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is our "go to" place for my husband's birthday every year. I can't review many menu items because we always get the same thing- the "Chicken in the Rough" basket. This special recipe for "broasted" chicken is the best! Love, love, love it AND the cole slaw. Love the atmosphere of this little, old fashioned place that has been here forever. Read about their history. Have never had a bad experience here in over 30 years.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank meghansmom
Port Huron, Michigan
“Sad to say good food but order jacked up.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Ordered 3 hamburger deluxe with 3 bottles of pop to go. There was a huge order before mine. I took my order and joined my party. Opened they containers to find hamburgers only. I spent over $33.00 for three burgers and three pops, NO FRIES! I called and told them, so they said they would give me a coupon for three fries to use on my next visit.
I took the boxes back to show them there was no fry residue and asked for a refund. He gave me $4.60 refund. So it cost me $29.00 for three burgers and three pops. Pretty pathetic service with a lame apology.
It has been more then five years since my last visit for the same reason. It will probably that long and longer before I visit again.

• Visited August 2013
4 Thank Mary S
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Our family loved this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Took the family there and had an awesome time, great food and service. Loved the atmosphere of this little gem. Must get the fried fried chicken says my wife. I had the Cuban sandwich- chef special and the kids shared the fish and chips. Couple nice draft beer selections and a full bar. I thought this place was a great value for the quality of food and great
variety. Highly recommend this place.

• Visited August 2013