“Good food and agree with other reviews about the service”

Lynch's Irish Tavern
Ranked #11 of 94 Restaurants in Port Huron
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Four of us had dinner at Lynch's. Hamburger, Fish and Chips and two salads. We arrived in two groups of two. The first two had their drink orders taken and served quickly. When the other two arrived we had to wait about 5 minutes before the server finally noticed us and took our drink order. We also ordered food at that time. We did have to wait a little while, long enough to finish one beer. The fish was cooked well, crunchy on the outside and flakey on the inside. The homemade potato chips were good too. The salads were as promised and looked like the picture in the menu (that does not happen often). The burger was good but not great. We did have to track down another server to get more salad dressing as ours had dissappeared for a while. The two small cups of dressing may not do it for you. We will be back.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I love the Irish Nacho's and Bread Pudding. Never had anything like either one. What a great Meal. I have had all kinds of Nacho's but never any like these. They make them with real potato's deep fried (I think) with some kind of white cheese on them. The bread pudding was unlike any I have had before.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

With today's competition it seems like this place would work on the level of service. The slow service has been a problem since it opened and the owners are yet to fix it. If you can stand the wait to get your food it is actually quite good. A pretty good menu selection and a nice drink selection. If they could just improve the service this place could make more of an impact for the downtown area.

1  Thank Toddamy
Reviewed January 5, 2013

My first visit I ordered shephards pie and had A dish of gravy with no lamb or veggiies iin it with mashed potatoes around the sides. It should never have been sent out when they were down to gravy and I called the next day and told the Mgr. The next visit I triied the special-A pannini and it had A thin piece of meat and iceburg lettuce ,which turned to slim when pressed, also burnt to A crisp!!!!Another friend at the table just wanted bread and ham nothing else on it, it took three tries to get plain bread and ham!! Now I would say there's A problem with all that!!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank Marie P
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Hard to review this time. We were a family group of 6. Lynch's promptly honored our reservation, providing a semi-secluded large booth. Our server was prompt, especially for the drink orders. We had a variety of pub-grub. Three orders came out promptly, but three others were delayed - they had to make more potato soup. So, we ended up eating the first three orders while others waited. And waited - and waited some more. Eventually the remaining orders arrived. Meanwhile the waitress came by many time asking if we wanted more drinks (no - waiting for food!). The soup was very good, but hardle worth the wait. I would respectfully suggest to management that they fess up, suggest other food, and serve everyone at the same time. In most restaurants, when there are lengthy service delays, management will at least offer complimentary food, or some other thing to let customers know they are appreciated. This did not happen here, even though it was close to an hour between the first order delivery and the last. I consider this a breach of service, and downgrade the pub for poor service. The food was good though! Hopefully management will become more responsive to their customers in the future.

3  Thank JMSSouthCarolina