“Something different”

Fuel Woodfire Grill
Ranked #7 of 88 Restaurants in Port Huron
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Description: Just opened about a month ago. It is right downtown in Port Huron.
Battle Creek, Michigan, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Something different”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Ate here last night. My table ordered a couple of plates of barbecued ribs and smoked beef brisquet. Both were excellent. So were the side dishes, Jalepeno mac and cheese and cornbread. They also had a good selection of beer. This place was pretty busy as well. Prices were reasonable, the beer was cold and the food was excellent. Can't go wrong.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Chad B

Michigan
“Split Opinion....”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We joined friends at this restaurant over the weekend. It was their 3rd visit and our 1st. My husband enjoyed the smokehouse sampler of brisket, ribs, and pulled pork. I had the filet. My husband thought his food was excellent. I thought my filet was good...but was on the small side and my "plate" presentation was a mess....I found it to be tossed together. Mashed potatoes out numbered the filet. I would suggest mashed sweet potatoes instead and a better vegetable than broccoli. Perhaps asparagus? As for my hubby's plate. I thought the brisket was dry and needed some "spice", I thought I made a better pulled pork from our summer visit to Nags Head. The ribns I would agree with my husband were tasty and when we return I will venture to the ribs or perhaps one of their "burgers" that they rave about.
My observation overall was that this restaurante has the potential of being a success, but we fear has to be losing money by the lack of attention to detail by the servers at the bar and in the dining room. Drink refills make the money in the area alcohol and we observed a lot of "waiting" for a refill. It also appeared that this place was over-staffed. However, we would return to explore the menu and perhaps if was just an off night.

• Visited March 2013
Saint Clair, Michigan
“Cozy”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

New to Port Huron but not to the Resturant business, the owner took a small nook in downtown and expanded it to provide and explosive eatery. With a small corner bar atmosphere you wouldn't expect a whole lot from the kichen, but that's where the excitement comes in. Wood fired grills and smokey flavored entrees along with bbq and great service provides one with an opportunity to sit back relax and enjoy.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Michael K
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Drippy pipe”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Sat down stairs under a pipe wasn't till the end of our meal I noticed that the pipe above was dripping (1 drop about every min)after pointing it out it was shrugged off by our waitress as no big deal... Also when we paid our bill our receipt was for another table when we realized she fixed it but the price was different our bill was more the added drinks..I was horribly unsatisfied and I will not go here again (worst valentines day ever.)

1 Thank Digger84
Michigan
“Thoroughly wonderful experience!”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We had the bbq ribs, prime rib and the bacon wrapped shrimp. One of the best BBQ places I have found in a very long time! All were excellent. The server was very friendly and attentive. It was our first time there but we will be returning. Wonderful menu where they have different items as well but nothing to far out or strange. Something for everyone to be sure. Comfy atmosphere with a full bar.

• Visited February 2013