“The Perfect Hideaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lake Vista Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port Austin
Lake Vista Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Port Austin
Saginaw, Michigan
“The Perfect Hideaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Lake Vista Resort as a mini-honeymoon & it served as the perfect getaway. We stayed in one of the second floor suites & it was very spacious & clean. I've read other peoples' reviews that mention the 'Rules' offending them and I think they need to just pull out their sense of humor before getting offended so quickly. they are asking you to leave it like you found it, simple as that. If you want a chain motel go to a large city with a bunch of traffic and noise. However, if you want a nice, relaxing vacation go to the Thumb of Michigan & stay at the Lake Vista Resort that is family owned & operated & feels like home without all the distractions. Also, if you are truly going on a vacation you shouldn't be so concerned about how many TV channels you get or the type of internet service that is available. Instead, take a walk around town, visit the shops, walk the beach, watch the sunset or talk to your family. Yes, it is a bit expensive but I felt it was well worth the money. There was a full size refrigerator, kitchen sink, plates, cups, silverware, microwave, ect. You can walk a few blocks to the little family owned IGA grocery store & buy anything you would like for snacks or drinks, things you might have forgotten, or whatever shampoo you like(I always brink my own toiletries anyway). I will definitely be staying at this quiet, cozy, & clean resort again & would gladly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank sys2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Spring City, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2010

Everywhere you look, there are fake flowers, plastic flamingos, signs with cliches such as "it's five o' clock somewhere," and ash trays--so many ash trays! Pretty tacky. The rooms were clean and smoke-free, but the towels were small, thin, and rough. The bathmat was a cheap, multicolored, woven patio mat. My laptop could not keep a wireless internet signal for more than two minutes, even when I carried my laptop to just outside the office.

Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank BillyPhelan
Dubuque, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2010

We booked the end room: # 16 which has a fabulous view of the lake from a charming sun room that is done up in soft greens with a stylish tile floor. My husband and I spent much of our time on the huge deck watching the water and birds and the sky. It was the perfect place for us, We liked it so much we plan to return next fall perhaps booking one of the larger cabins avail so we can do some cooking while enjoying a lovely Lake Huron sunset.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Shawnfeb_7
Rochester, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2010

My wife and I were pleasantly surprised with the resort. Our purpose to the area was to enjoy The Farm Restraunt. After arriving to the resort the resort became the focal point. The resort is everything that we expected from a small town that has not been consumed by the chain hotels, restraunts, and strip malls. The owners take pride in their property, which in turns provides an environment of warmth. We will return before this summer is over.

The Farm Restaurant was fabulous.

We suggest this for any special occasion.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank mdcc710
Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2009

Very expensive for what we got. Average clean, but carpet throughout the room right into the bathroom with small 'scatter' rugs everywhere to trip on. Thought the carpet in bathroom was gross. Rule book, complete with passive/aggressive threats, was humorous but will follow my credit card to see if I didn't clean up to their standards. Lawn furniture was moldy, as was the room. View was wonderful, but didn't make up for the blah-ness of this 'resort.' Take your own towels, the ones provided are worn and small. Bed linen was sort of clean, there were stains on the comforter that grossed me out, so I was cold all night. Decorated in tacky 1980's, shabby garage sale. Bed was comfortable though.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
5 Thank LoveMyMichigan
Grosse Pointe, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2008

Location: Lake Vista Resort, Port Austin, Michigan

We have been coming back to Port Austin, Michigan for the last 10 years. We began our stay at the Lake Vista Resort 5 years ago and can't imagine staying anywhere else!

First of all there are the owners of the resort Mary and Ron. Both are hard workers and I have never seen anyone move as fast as Mary. There standards are quite high in a world where "pride" is no longer an issue. They and their daughter and son-in-law, and their son work hard everyday to make your stay more comfortable and relaxing.

I have stayed in everything from a cottage to the efficiency motel room. Each is so clean; "you could eat off the floors." Cozy and comfortable with that great up-north feel you are right at home.

The grounds are beautiful with delightful flowers everywhere and fountains flowing you will enjoy having your windows open to gaze out early in the morning or hear the pitter patter of the water splashing in the fountains. The view is breathtaking. Lake Huron is right there for you to take in. If you are a pool person (kids enjoy this more than anyone) the pool in right in front of the lake.

Take a few steps down and you are in the lake. Take a few steps to the right and there is a lovely public beach which is never crowded. (You can rent a kayek right across the street). Mary and Ron also own the Kookies Golf right across the street and to the right. Great for kids and big kids too!

We have thought about buying in the area, but part of coming to Port Austin is staying at Lake Vista with Mary and Ron. If you are planning on staying in the Port Austin area make Lake Vista a part of your vacation. You should not be disappointed

• Liked — Great view and well appointed.
  • Disliked — Nothing I can think of ...
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank ilovelakevista
Nolensville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2008

We stayed in one of the luxury waterfront suites. You have to climb a pretty steep flight of stairs to get there, but the view of the bay is wonderful. The room was spacious and clean, but nothing all that exciting. It did have a full size fridge and microwave which was nice because dining options are pretty limited in P.A. (although the Bank 1884 is highly recommended!).

The air conditioner sounded like a jet engine, and is right over one of the two beds. We turned it off and just opened all the windows - nice breeze off the bay kept it cool.

Sporadic internet availability.

The passive - aggressive "rule book" that others have mentioned is almost comical. I took it with a grain of salt and didn't let it bother me.

Overall, nice place to stay in P.A. I think if I were to go again, I may check out the cottages - they looked really nice.

• Liked — Location and waterfront view. Grounds nice too.
  • Disliked — Hauling luggage up steep stairs.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank Rebelclancy
Bad Axe Motel
Bad Axe Motel
#2 of 2 in Bad Axe
Blue Spruce & Lucky Horseshoe Motel & Cabins

Been to Lake Vista Resort? Share your experiences!