You'll love the spaciousness of this property.
Enjoy a relaxing retreat at this Port Austin vacation rental cottage.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Average
You'll love the spaciousness of this property.
Enjoy a relaxing retreat at this Port Austin vacation rental cottage.
Enjoy easy access to the water directly behind the home.
Nights spent gathered around the fire are always memorable!
Relax in the inviting interior.
The cozy living room makes you feel right at home.
Prepare home-cooked meals in the full kitchen.
Sweet dreams!
Laundry machines are included for your convenience.
Bunk beds are perfect for the kids!
Book this lovely Port Austin vacation rental cottage for an unforgettable escape!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

marie r
Fulton, MO
“My stay was OK.”
Reviewed June 7, 2012 for a stay in June 2012
person found this review helpful

My family and I just got back from our stay in Port Austin. My sister and neices just loved this beach and fell in love with it on first site. The house is wonderfully decorated, has wonderful views of Lake Huron and is cozy. In ALL the listings that I saw for this house on other websites ALL linens were to provided, a full kitchen and washer and dryer. Upon arriving and reading the house rules we could not use the washer and dryer, there was only 1 fry pan and no wash clothes when I went to shower. I might have high expectations when renting a beach home but I expect what i read in the posting and pay for to be available for use. The beach was beautiful but had you walk down a steep incline to get access to that isn't really clear in the posted pictures. My sister and neices would and do recommend this beach home wish to visit again. I however do not.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Loved the view and location
Liked least: No use of washer and dryer that was list as an amenity
Traveling group: Family with Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Management Response
Jun 6, 2012
Thank you so much for you feedback -- we appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay, and welcome the opportunity to address some of the issues that you brought to our attention.

We are happy to hear that your family enjoyed the home, however we are, of course, disappointed to hear that you didn't feel the same way. I'd like to take some time to address your concerns.

I understand that you were unable to use the washer and dryer during your stay. This was due to an unfortunate temporary problem with the septic system, which was out of the control of the owner. We apologize that you weren't notified of the situation, but we do want to note that it is now repaired and will be available for use for future guests without problems.

Bed linens and bath towels are available at this home, however you are correct that there are no washcloths. We do want to note that the industry standard is ben linens and towels. The listing does not include information about washcloths, so we do suggest that future guests be sure to bring them if they are amenities they would like to use!

We are sorry to hear that you found the walk down to the beach to be a bit unmanageable. It does mention in the listing that the home is situated on a bluff above the beach. However, there are young children in the neighborhood who have no trouble navigating the path, so we didn't think it would be an issue for visitors. We sincerely apologize that you felt mislead.

Again, we apologize for the miscommunication about some of the amenities available, and we are sorry that you weren't thrilled with your experience at this beach cottage. Our hope is that travelers will always leave happy and refreshed after their stay here.

Please feel free to email me at jackie@evolvevacationrental.com if you would like to address any of your concerns further. Thanks again!

Cheers,
Jackie & The Evolve Team
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing