The Beachcomber Motel & Apartments
$110
$91
Hotels.com
$129
Camp Inn Lodge(Oscoda)(Great Value!)
$129
Priceline
All reviewsprivate beachplace to staygreat for familiescoming backroom was cleanpiercarpetparkmotellakegrounds
Reviewed March 14, 2011

I think I walked both sides of the property - I can not imagine that there are roomy units except the family units on the front east side (kitchenettes and even .... They don't even claim to have roomy units on their website, do they? The furnishing and everything else is very very old, (the pictures you see on there website are probably from the 80s). Clean? Kind of - but what is this good for if everything is rusty, old, and terrible. I made pictures of rust in the bath"room". I took pictures of 100s of cigarette stubs in the lawn and of the interior of the units (to call it a room is almost too much) We stayed there in 2010. I'm just not sure if it is OK to post the pictures here without the owners permission - a permission that I of course will never receive.
Great pool? lol! The pool is small and that is it. Reception area smells and is actually the owners living area ... one look inside and you know enough. Another example - the screens in front of the backdoors - towards "the patio/the lawn" yes the lawn that is riddled with thousands of cigarette stubs ... these screens hardly move anymore ...
(I remember the guy in the next unit just kept his cool a bit better than I did but had the same problem - as everybody else had - and then you look at the price they ask for! STAY AWAY if you can. On top of this they had a huge construction area right outside their doors (looked like rebuilding the harbor) This could have disturbed us - but everything else was bad enough. At least one statement on their website is true: "location is everything" (yes they are at the lake - but they don't have anything else)

PS:
yep "incredible" staff - also true!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank FFSC
Reviewed August 22, 2010

our stay at the Beachcomber was perfect....our room was clean...roomy...the furniture was quite old but comfy. the amenities were outstanding. pool, beautiful beach, walking distance to restaurants, shops, marina, breakwall, ice cream parlor...you name it. the heated pool was nice on the one cool day we had....there was a bonfire on the beach nightly. we didn't get to enjoy that activity because of small grandbabies but it sounded like fun. i stayed at the Beachcomber in the 60's as a child and i believe the decor is the same today. if you are looking for a motel room to meet your basic needs, this is the hotel for you.....

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family