“Where do I begin?”

The Farm Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Port Austin
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: S
Dearborn Heights, Michigan
“Where do I begin?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

I have been to this restaurant twice, once in November and once this past weekend. AWESOME is the only way to describe it. This is one of those restaurants you don't want to tell people about, because you are scared it will become too crowded, and you won't be able to get a seat for dinner the next time. YES, its in the middle of nowhere and Yes, its in Port Austin Michigan, which is a drive for 99% of the population in Michigan, and YES, its pricey. Save up your pennies folks, its worth it! I had the portabella mushroom and the Brie. AWESOME! I also Had the squash soup. AWESOME! And the crabcakes were unbelievable.........No wait........they were AWESOME TOO! Their menu changes every weekend, so just get whatever suites your fancy.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Traveler48127

Rochester, Michigan
“Charming in the Thumb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

Located in the tip of the "thumb" of Michigan's lower peninsula in Port Austin, this place is aptly named since it does exude the charm of a family farmhouse. This place has really nice steak, seafood and chicken selections on the menu which is not inexpensive but the quality of the food and the service is top notch. Try the baked Brie en-croute appetizer with carmel and pecan sauce which was excellent. It may be better as a shared dessert.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Gary T
Vassar, Michigan
“Our favorite hidden jewel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

Every summer we make a point of eating here as often as we can!!!! I have Never been disappointed! It is on the more expensive side but worth every penny! They use the freshest ingredients and always have a well rounded menu. We have brought countless friends up to visit and this is our restaurant of choice. It Is worth getting detections to this " hidden gem".

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank bhguile
Waterford, Wisconsin
“Superb!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

We dined at the Farm last night and enjoyed everything immensely! It was the best I've had since the Braise restaurant in the Third Ward in Milwaukee,WI a farm to table restaurant. You get what you pay for and this was worth every dollar!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank jalainern
Plymouth, Michigan
“A bit pricey...but worth it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

We hadn't been to The Farm yet this year and on Sunday decided last minute to swing by. Our dinner was superb. My husband had the Ribs and I had a NY Strip. To be honest, it was one of the best steaks I've ever had...and I'm comparing to some high end places. Their garlic mash tasted great (though to be honest, not too much garlic flavor), the veggies were great too. I chose the salad with the celery seed (house) dressing and both were super - the salad had mixed greens and a small iceberg wedge..a very nice combination. The bread basket included a variety and all were very nice.
The only downside for us was that we were seated in the bar area, which was fine, but the chairs were like a camping chair, which wasn't comfortable. We had a great dinner, but I was anxious to leave because the chairs were so uncomfortable. But again, we went for the food and it was great.

• Visited September 2013