“Fantastic Place!”

Ranked #5 of 20 Restaurants in Port Austin
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Breakfast is served all day, and the food is made fresh to order. Home made breads, potatoes, sausages, burgers, chili and so much more. There is a little bit of something for everyone, and Carol always has something new on special.
Hartland, Michigan
“Fantastic Place!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Been visiting Port Austin for years. The owner, staff of the Lighthouse really care about their food and customers. Just stopped in again yesterday on a trip to the Thumb area and had to have breakfast at the Lighthouse Café. Absolutely outstanding. All the homemade wonderful bread and excellent ham, fresh eggs and potatoes. It was wonderful. By the way, the Lighthouse Café also makes excellent homemade soups!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank S J s

Troy, Michigan
“Slow Service, Questionable Food”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Based on reviews on this restaurant we stopped here specifically to have the perch dinner. While my wife & I were greeted promptly and quickly served coffee (plus a 2nd cup), everything was downhill from there.

We ordered the house salad with the meal --- they brought only 1 salad and it took 20 minutes to do so and it was an additional 5-10 minutes before the 2nd salad was served. When the perch was finally served, it was overcooked and not particularly appetizing at all.

The one bright spot was that the price was reasonable --- we can understand why!

• Visited August 2013
Macomb, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great breakfast”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We ate here for 2 different breakfasts and had really good food. The service was also good. There seemed to quite a few locals eating here and we always consider that a good thing

Visited July 2013
Cincinnati
“You Must Eat Here!”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

If you don't eat breakfast here, you will be so sorry! I have to say that I am a foodie, (that's a word?), breakfast is my favorite meal and this place delivers. Like the other reviews, your driving back in time, small town america, you see a line out of a small restaurant and you don't stop? We had to wait about twenty minutes, I don't wait period, tells you something don't it. I chose every meat on the menu, home made bread and pancakes. Yes, I was nursing a hangover and this place has the cure. The home fries rate a "10" on the potato scale, the meats were all delicious and the bread was fantastic. I couldn't even begin to finish this feast, but when I come back I'll be eating here!

• Visited July 2013
Grimsby, Canada
“Great Food, Great Service!”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Recommended to us for breakfast. A warm greeting, prompt delivery of coffee, we then ordered: my husband had eggs, with bacon, ham and sausage which also included potatoes and toast (the works) and I had eggs and ham with toast. Our waitress suggested the homemade toast which was awesome. Our food was perfectly cooked, the owner himself came over and talked to us and we told him we really enjoyed coming here. Great value also and everything is homemade. If you're visiting Port Austin, don't miss this place!

Visited August 2013