“Great Stay”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Pontiac
Lakeshore, Canada
“Great Stay”
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for one night. Everything was great. Fast easy check in with friendly staff. The room was clean and comfortable. We got the room for a Saturday night for $40 through Priceline. Can't beat the price. Bed was comfortable. Hotel was quiet all night. Absolutly no complaints. Highly recommended

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank GWing51
Silviya S, General Manager at Courtyard Detroit Pontiac/Auburn Hills, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Leamington, Canada
Reviewed April 6, 2012

Hey everyone I booked with priceline for the first time and got a great deal on my room or so I thought. The overall stay was good not fancy but it was clean and kept up we were just useing for a place to sleep for my wifes shopping trip. So on check out the front desk told me that we were good and didn't have any other charges so I said ok thanks buy. Well today I just saw on my Visa bill that priceline charged me plus this hotel charged me so instead of getting a great price I ended up paying full price for this place which I would of never done, I can get a way better hotel for that price just make sure you double check your bills.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jared B
Hello,
I just read your review and I wanted to address this situation. Can you please reach out to me so I can look into your reservation? You certainly should not be double charged. If that is the case, I will take care of it for you. You can reach me at 248 858 9595 and ask for Silviya.
Thank you! Talk to you soon!
Unionville, Connecticut
Reviewed March 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on Feb. 18, 2012. It was actually our 3rd time at rhis hotel and it has not been spectacular, but after this one visit, I think a review is in order because the staff tried really tried hard to make you feel welcome.

The rooms are clean/adequate/OK for 2.5 star - nothing spectacular, but nothing to complain about either. The location is right off I-75 (Square Lake Road exit) and relatively easy to find.

I have sent packages there on 2 different occassions and has not had any problems (the 2nd time we were there, one package did not arrive in time, so the hotel staff sent it back and I got a refund on my CC) receiving them.

During our last visit, the staff was friendly as always, but it was the welcome call that put it over the top. Someone called us within 5mins of getting to our room to let us know that they are there in case we need their assistance. I found this very heart-warming and comforting. A nice touch.

Will definitely stay again. Would be even better if they offered a breakfast included rate.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SSC-CP
Thank you for your feedback. I really appreciate your comment!
Canada
Reviewed December 4, 2011

we arrived at 4pm prior to attending the Guns N' Roses concert. The hotel was really close to the venue (The Palace) and easy to find. For the prince we paid, we were REALLY surprised about how nice the hotel was. They called up to our room 10 minutes after arrival to see if our room was okay. We returned to the hotel at 3AM, so we only slept for about 4 hours...but it was really comfortable. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Drakestar
Toronto
Reviewed November 20, 2011

We were here with our 2 year old for a quick weekend getaway. The front desk was very accomodating and found us a room that was not an adjoining one and not near the elevators. Thank goodness because she had a cold and we didn't want to disturb the other guests. Sure the rooms need updating and refreshing but it was generally clean and the front desk was very accomdating. I am personally not a "soft" bed and fluffy pillows kind of guy so my back was kind of hurting in the mornings but I'm sure there are those who like it.

Overall, a good solid stay at the Courtyard.

Room Tip: Ask to get a non-adjoining room if you want to get a good night's sleep or you have kids like us...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank cr8zymike
Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed November 11, 2011

A fantastic place to stay. Very nominal with excellent facilities in that area.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Sivasailam L
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Just got done with a 10 night stay at the Courtyard Pontiac/Bloomfield. It was actually my 2nd visit to this property and I hope to be fair and balanced with my review.

Overall, the property itself (building, lobby, rooms, amenities) would rate a B. The property is in need of a renovation. I doubt anybody would disagree with this observation. The lobby is dated by Courtyard standards. The hallways are clean but drab and the rooms themselves desperately need a touchup. This does NOT mean the room is not comofortable.. it just means I felt like I was walking into a hotel from 15 years ago.

The staff at this particular Courtyard is exceptional. From the GM Brandon to the maintenance man to the housekeeping staff.. everybody is extremely friendly and it never feels like a problem is a problem. Every question is met with a smile. Every issue is resolved quickly. This is what makes a hotel rate higher than the structure itself would warrant.

My one real criticizim with this property is the same I have with just about any hotel I visit with a Priceline or Hotwire booking.. I know you're not going to give me the nicest room in the hotel, but please.. when I book a long term stay with you do not put me directly next to an elevator or ice machine. This is the 2nd time at this particular property that I've booked via Priceline and both times the first room they offered me was unacceptable due to noise.
Granted, Brandon switched my room without arguement.. but still, that conversation should have never needed to take place.

Anyway.. overall I would rate this property 4*.
The staff and experience of being there is a definate 5*
The property which needs some TLC gets a 3*.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a quiet room. Also remember that some rooms have balconies and some have HDTV...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Speeding_Wheels
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pontiac
Auburn Hills Marriott Pontiac
Hyatt Place Auburn Hills
Hyatt Place Auburn Hills
#4 of 17 in Auburn Hills
Hampton Inn Detroit/Auburn Hills South

Been to Courtyard Detroit Pontiac/Auburn Hills? Share your experiences!