“Completely Impressed!”

Auburn Hills Marriott Pontiac
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Pontiac
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 7, 2011

I'm from California, so when I saw that the price of my hotel was only $150 a night, I was concerned I would be staying in a slum. It was less than 4 miles from where I was working, so I decided it was okay to slum it for 2 nights. It was quite the opposite! The hotel seems very clean, fresh, and new. The front desk was very pleasant, and Candace took great care of me! I went to the bar with my laptop to get out of my room and take advantage of the free wi-fi. I opened it, turned it on, but I couldn't bring myself to use it to email. Mellisa was amazing! She was engaging, friendly, professional, and made me laugh after a very long day of traveling. She pours and awesome Jack and Coke and is very quick on her feet in both a literal and figurative way! Even when she wasn't at my table, I enjoyed watching her interact with her other guests and made everyone feel just as important as me. The food was great, the ambiance was nice, but I will gladly go back to sit in the bar with Mellisa serving my end of the night cocktails.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank NGJ67
There are newer reviews for Auburn Hills Marriott Pontiac

Reviewed February 21, 2011

I am a Marriott Platinum member, so I try to stay at as many Marriott properties as possible, and they do tend to vary greatly in quality and service. This location, however, I found to be on the higher end as far as service, upkeep, and amenities are concerned. The property seems to be on the newer-end of some of the full-service Marriotts, and the lobby is brand-new. The check-in experience was quick and pleasant, and I received coupons for a free breakfast buffet, which was very nice and appreciated. Marriott Elite members will be happy to know that the Concierge Lounge is well-stocked and actually had better-than-average (compared to many other Lounges) food, snacks, and size. The room itself was a typical Marriott King guest room - comfy bed, nicely-sized bathroom (loved the triple mirror), and quiet room. The only complaint I had (and this is not a big deal) is that the TVs were the old-school tube TVs and the remote's batteries were dead. I find it interesting that most Courtyard and Residence Inn properties have upgraded to flat-screen TVs, but that full-service Marriotts are still rockin' the tube televisions. Other than that, the parking was ample and free, and there were several restaurants within driving distance, and the access to I-75 can't be beat.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank volksaudinut
Reviewed February 11, 2011

Stayed at this Marriott for a week while here on business. The property is nice and staff welcoming. Room was 2 double beds and desk as expected. The restaurant had good food though somewhat pricey. The breakfast buffet was very good--wide variety of traditional American favorites of scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, biscuits, gravy--as well as made to order omelets and fresh fruit, juices, coffee, etc... My company has negotiated rate that includes breakfast so I can't confirm price but I think I saw some folks being billed around $13.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 1, 2011

I recently had to travel to Auburn Hills for work and there are not many large hotel choices in the area. I booked the Marriott and was pleased to see it was what you come to expect from the Marriott chain. The staff was friendly and the hotel was clean. Roosm were good size and comfortable. The location is in a office type park with not much nearby but a couple of restaurants, it works fine for a quick business trip. There is a nice restaurant and lounge off the lobby and a pool and fitness center, which I did not use. All in all I will be glad to stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 22, 2010

We stayed three nights at the Marriott Centerpoint as part of a visit with family, and a tour of Michigan and Wisconsin. This is an excellent hotel, and a great value. The hotel and its rooms are beautiful, and its staff are VERY helpful. The Concierge level is especially nice. Internet is free in the hotel lobby, and also on the Concierge level.
Papa Vino's Restaurant is short walk away, and dinner there was very good. An adjacent Mexican restaurant wasn't noteworthy.
We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 30, 2010

My husband, two kids and I stayed at the Centerpoint Marriott over Thanksgiving weekend, while visiting friends who live in Pontiac.

I disagree with the review right before mine, that called it an old hotel, in a questionable location. My family and I were personally very impressed with the hotel. It was very modern and up to date, and our friends said the hotel was just built in the past few years. I didn't find anything "questionable" about the location. It's right off the freeway, and surrounded by several other hotels, restaurants, and some stores. I did not think the area appeared unsafe.

Front desk staff was very nice.

We stayed in a room with two double beds, and the room was very clean, and had very nice down comforters and pillows. I requested extra pillows when we made the reservation, and they were in our room when we arrived. I also requested a microwave, and it was brought up to our room shortly after we arrived. The room wasn't huge, but large enough for us.

We used the hotel pool, and it was clean, and not small. I found the whirlpool to be clean as well.

We paid an extra $10 a day for breakfast in the hotel restaurant, and we were very impressed with the breakfast. It was a full buffet breakfast, with a big variety of food - cold cereal, yogurt, muffins, pancakes or french toast with lots of toppings to choose from, different breads depending on the day (bagels, toast, croissants, etc), scrambled eggs with cheese, cooked to order omelets, bacon, sausage, different kinds of milk, and orange juice, water, and coffee served at the table by the wait staff. All of the breakfast food I tried was great, and the buffet was a fantastic deal for $10 for 4 people.

Overall, we had a great stay at the Centerpoint Marriott, and would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 28, 2010

This was an average property. I stayed over Thanksgiving Holiday and they seemed short on personnel. I had a two room suite which was very nice. The property is old and is in a questionable location. Very nice indoor pool, but small. Whirlpool had foamy "crud" floating around. Above average work out area. There were no linens to make up extra bed. The windows were drafty. Average size desk and chair for work. Somehow I felt if I were in a standard room my experience wouldn’t have been as nice. Small one cup coffee maker with micro/fridge in suite. If the price is right I would stay again, but I would look at the other Marriott properties across the street first.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pontiac
Residence Inn Detroit Pontiac/Auburn Hills
#1 of 2 in Birmingham
Quality Inn Auburn Hills
Quality Inn Auburn Hills
#3 of 17 in Auburn Hills

Been to Auburn Hills Marriott Pontiac? Share your experiences!