Auburn Hills Marriott Pontiac
Residence Inn Detroit Pontiac/Auburn Hills(Pontiac)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Pool
Rodeway Inn(Auburn Hills)
$55
TripAdvisor
Quality Inn Auburn Hills(Auburn Hills)(Great Value!)
$85
QualityInn
$76
Orbitz.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsm clubauburn hillsfront deskthe concierge loungeomelette stationroom servicehotel restaurantbuffet breakfastbusiness hotelup to dateparking lotvery nice hotelflat screenindoor poolbusiness travelhome away from homebed was comfortable
Reviewed February 8, 2014

This is a great hotel for business settings. Clean, Convienant access, and business friendly. Meals were great with a hot buffet breakfast each morning. Rooms were clean with friendly staff eager to assist the business traveler. Has become one of my favorites.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Ida P, Director of Sales at Auburn Hills Marriott Pontiac, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments, we look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

The entrance and lobby are contemporary and very clean. However, once you step off the elevator, the decor in the hallways and rooms are dated. There were room service items in the hallway near our room when we checked in at 5:30 pm, and were still there at 10:30 pm when we returned from dinner. The bathroom needs additional hooks to hang used towels and toiletry bags. Otherwise, its roomy and very clean. I had a hard time connecting to the hotel internet; the directions given by the staff didn't work for my MacBook Pro. I had to figure it out on my own. The very ornate glass lamp on the desk is so large at the bottom I couldn't plug in my laptop cord at its outlet on the lamp's base.

Room Tip: Upper floors. We stayed on the eighth and it was the best night's sleep I've had in a long time. Bed pillows are square and not very large. Three to a bed.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Ida P, Director of Sales at Auburn Hills Marriott Pontiac, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a reivew. I am glad that you had the best nights sleep that you have had in a long time. Our beds are comfortable and we do find that guests often enjoy a restful sleep. I will be sharing your feedback with our other departments for review. We hope you will stay with the Marriott Centerpoint on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We stayed here on New Years Eve 2013. There were crumpled up candy bar wrappers on the floor of our room which i was quoted $199.95 for upon reservation. It ended up being not only an additional $26 just in taxes, but that night we ordered a pizza from room service. The pizza alone came to $27.68 which we paid for upon delivery with $33 cash. They kept the cash and still charged my card the $27.68 for the pizza, so the total they charged my card for the one night was $253.63. We also requested champagne glasses for a New Years toast but they told us they had none because they were having a party downstairs. I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2013
Ida P, Director of Sales at Auburn Hills Marriott Pontiac, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to work with the hotel in clearing up the matter. I am glad we were able to get this issue resolved. We look forward to being your first choice in hotel accomodations on your next trip in the area.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Overall, this hotel is dated. I think it needs just some refreshing and possibly some new furniture. But, the mattress on the bed is quite firm. I enjoy that.

Service is good, you got smiles from everyone you spoke with.

The phone system (at least in my room) did not connect through the pre-set dial buttons. I had to dial 0 to get someone from the front desk.

One major drawback from my stay was the fact that I was there over a hockey tournament weekend. There were tons of hockey kids and their families in the hotel. At night (1:00am) some of them were still running around the halls talking loudly. The room doors and walls are not that sound proof and it was disturbing. I was even able to hear the phone ring in another room. This is not really a problem with the hotel itself, other than the sound proofing part. Just take this into consideration.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Ida P, Director of Sales at Auburn Hills Marriott Pontiac, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Thank you for the positive guest comments. We share our guest comments throughout the team to celebrate our success. We look forward to having you back you in the near future if your travels will bring you back to the Auburn Hills/Pontiac area.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I will preface these comments by stating that my experience was affected by the fact that my room was not regularly serviced. Nonetheless, this hotel does not have much to recommend it. It is very far away from downtown Detroit and not very close to much of Oakland county. The hotel room air was stuffy and could not be refreshed. I would recommend going across the street to the Residence Inn.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Daniel M
Ida P, Director of Sales at Auburn Hills Marriott Pontiac, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at the Marriott Centerpoint. We apologize that your stay was just average, we strive to provide positive stay experiences for each and every guests. We do hope you will consider staying with us in the future.