“Very nice hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Toledo, Ohio
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I stayed here for one night with my wife while attending a concert at the Palace at Auburn Hills. The hotel was very comfortable and well-appointed. Our room was spacious, clean, and met all of our needs. We had dinner in the hotel restaurant. The wait person was very attentive and friendly although it took longer than it should have to bring my beer. The food was satisfactory but in no way memorable. Our rate included breakfast. The breakfast was very good with all the usual hot and cold choices, and the addition of an omelette station which I always enjoy. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Ida P, Director of Sales at Auburn Hills Marriott Pontiac, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Great, thank you for the positive comments, we will pass them along. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Toronto
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed one night during my last shopping trip to Great Lakes Crossing Outlet mall. I checked in at 7 pm and it was fast and easy.
The good thing about the hotel that they have free parking which was a plus. The room was ok in size with king bed, what I didn't like about the room that there was no fridge.
The bed was comfy but their pillows where small.
There was a strange and unpleasant smell in the hole way.
We were not offered free buffet breakfast but we got complementary free wifi which we were suppose to pay $15 for it.
I would stay again next if I am in the area.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Ida P, Director of Sales at Auburn Hills Marriott Pontiac, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for sharing about your positive stay experience here at the Marriott Centerpoint. We look forward to seeing you back in the future.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Stayed here for two nights at the end of September (on a weekend) for $203 after tax with the CAA deal. Great price which included parking, internet and breakfast! Not sure why so many reviews said Internet wasn't included. While we were checking in, I asked about Internet; they gave us a code, said we'd have to agree to a charge, but it would be removed from our bill when we went to check out. We used the internet on two devices both days and all the charges were removed!

Service was great. Having little chocolates at the front desk as well as a water station was a nice touch.

The breakfast was delicious. Be sure to tip your server (they bring you drinks and clear your plates). They really appreciate tips!

The room was clean and I appreciated all the little amenities (like the sewing kit). The shower was so nice that we ended up buying the shower head! The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet. The only thing that was missing in the room was a fridge.

I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ida P, Director of Sales at Auburn Hills Marriott Pontiac, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for sharing about your stay experience at the Marriott Centerpoint. We are glad your stay was wonderful. We look forward to seeing you back in the near future.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I stayed here for two nights on business. My main goal is a good night's sleep. The bed was comfortable and the noise level was low BUT the doors to the rooms slam shut so that I was awakened every time someone entered or exited their room nearby. That is why I rated this property a 3 instead of a 4.

The breakfast, with the made-to-order omelets is great.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank RG-Texas
Ida P, Director of Sales at Auburn Hills Marriott Pontiac, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your stay experience, we get a lot of positive comments about our breakfast and many do enjoy the extended buffet. I am sorry about the door closing too loudly as I understand how that could be disruptive.
We do hope to see you back soon.
Columbus, OH
Reviewed October 11, 2013

This full service is is not as nice as the Marriott-Troy but it is a close second place. Rooms are pretty nice and the lobby has a Starbucks. There are a few restaurants within walking distance. Staff was very nice and accommodating.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hello and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We value each and every guest here at the Centerpoint Marriott and want to ensure each guest leave with an exceptional level of service. We hope to see you back soon!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Very nice hotel in a good location. The room was clean and spacious. Check in was smooth and the staff was friendly. The pool/gym area is well equipped and well kept. Overall, I had a great stay here and would recommend others to stay as well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Ida P, Director of Sales at Auburn Hills Marriott Pontiac, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Hello and thank you for your feedback. We are glad your stay was positive and that you enjoyed your visit. We look forward to seeing you back in the future, if your travels will bring you back into the area.
Midland, Michigan
Reviewed September 23, 2013

all in all, this was a very nice hotel. the fitness center and pool area was very nice, the lobby was stylish, and the parking was ample. the rooms were huge, though the king bed looked more like a queen to me. my shower curtain did have a ton of mold on it, and the pillows felt like the size of a box of cards. the elevators were fast, but I was disappointed that the stairwells looked like those in a parking complex (also, you can't exit to the first floor). breakfast was okay (powdered eggs, cereal or muffins, and potatoes). the price of Wi-Fi is $15 a day. I was told that they would waive it if you asked (as well as bringing a microwave and frig); I didn't ask. they seemed to be willing to accommodate a lot of requests (was there w/ about 20 other families) from the party I was with. I had a lot of nit-picky things, but it was a very nice hotel in a good neighborhood. you can walk to restaurants in a plaza (the restaurant zoupe was very good).

Room Tip: views on floors 2 and 3 are non existent on the one side. go up to floor 4 or 5 (of 11 floors).