Auburn Hills Marriott Pontiac
Residence Inn Detroit Pontiac/Auburn Hills(Pontiac)(Great Value!)
$139
$122
  • Pool
Rodeway Inn(Auburn Hills)
$51
Quality Inn Auburn Hills(Auburn Hills)(Great Value!)
$80
QualityInn
$76
ExtendedStay
$67
All reviewsm clubauburn hillsfront deskthe concierge loungeomelette stationroom servicehotel restaurantbuffet breakfastbusiness hotelup to dateparking lotvery nice hotelflat screenindoor poolbusiness travelhome away from homebed was comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I just had an black tie event in the Oakland Ballroom for 140 guests and I could not have hoped for a better evening. Jessica, the event manager, and Ari, the catering manager were fantastic!!! They were there for me every step of the way throughout the entire evening. The waitstaff were all pleasant and the food was superb! We had a choice of a filet with a horseradish crust and port wine demi glace or salmon with a sweet chili glaze. Everyone I spoke to said their filets were done perfectly and the salmon was moist and delicious. We had 60 people stay over night so about 30 rooms. The rooms were newly remodeled and very comfortable. We also enjoyed the wonderful breakfast buffet in the morning. If you're looking for a place to have a wedding or other big event, I highly recommend this venue.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 29, 2013

This place is very nice and very well maintained. I found the staff to be less than courteous and a little bit stuffy at the front desk. The hotel rooms are nice, the restaurant a bit over priced. I didn't like that they didn't have free wi-fi in the rooms - we had to go to the hotel lobby. I did like the proximity to shopping (Great Lakes Crossing, Somerset Mall, Utica) and our favourite restaurant Mi Zarape. :)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shannon M
Reviewed January 22, 2013

This is a nice hotel well located for Chrysler executives. The price is highly competitive. I think the rooms have been renovated not long time ago. The beds are comfortable and cozy. The breakfast buffet was disappointing and I do not recommend it. The bar service was lovely in the evening. The bartenders are fun. The Mexican restaurant just across the street is nice and clean but the food is average. The same applies to the Italian restaurant a little further. The food in this area is really disappointing.

I highly recommend this hotel for its cleaness, comfort, bar, location and service at the reception.

Room Tip: Rooms on 10th floor were renovated
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank rew345
Reviewed January 11, 2013

This is one of the nicest Marriott hotels I have experienced; the property was fresh, spacious, well decorated and inviting. Very pleased with the fitness center and pool but the real stand out was the staff. They were friendly and helpful everywhere from check-in to Marie in the Concierge Lounge.

Room Tip: Concierge level worth the extra . . . .
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank travelfamily022
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel approximately 12 times for mostly a weekend at a time.

The hotel common areas and the rooms are well appointed and for the most part appropriately clean. At least a few times, my room was not cleaned by Housekeeping (as a disclaimer, some of it was my fault, as I did have the 'do not disturb' sign out until 11 or so).

As many have complained before me, on the weekends, it can be quite loud. The lobby area tends to be a gathering area for people and there are a lot of families around, especially kids. I did hear kids in the hallway, during a few of my stays. I also wanted to use the pool a few times, but the number of kids there, discouraged me.

A railroad track is right behind the hotel, but it sounds more distant than one would expect. Although I would still try to get a room facing the front if possible.

I did not utilize room service or restaurant, so cannot comment. Bar was fine.

Overall, I would recommend if you are looking for a hotel in the area.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the front side of the hotel to avoid the train.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Tim S
MarriottAuburhills, General Manager at Auburn Hills Marriott Pontiac, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. Our indoor and our outdoor pool is very popular with all of our guests particulalry when the outdoor pool and sun deck is open May-Oct. The train track you reference is an abandoned line and the current line is 1 mile away, thus the lack of noise.
We hope to see you again soon.